LCD protector for articulating screens

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by turbodieselvw, Feb 26, 2011.

1. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    This might be a stupid question but here goes. Is it worth while to protect the screen of the G/GH bodies with an LCD protector? These are articulating screens so this question might be moot. Does anyone use a screen protector with their G/GH bodies and if so, does the articulating screen still close flat against the body?

2. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    You can always use the film type of protectors without any worry to it affecting the screen. However, with the newer GH2 and G2, it might affect the touch screen controls if you place another protector on there (especially the glass/plastic ones).

With my G2, I just flip the screen into itself if I am putting it anywhere where I feel the screen might get in contact with something else.

PS: I think this is the wrong section for this thread.

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I used to use the glass GGS protectors ($10) but they are not suitable for a fold-in screen so now use a Zagg invisible shield ($15). However cheap screen protectors ($1 - $3) are available on e*ay. In answer then "Yes".

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I tried very cheap ones I got on Ebay that were meant to be cut for an EPL1. They were almost the right size but very slightly too big so I had to trim them. Anyhow they looked nasty on the screen, caused some difficulty in seeing the screen and as such were useless.

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

turbodieselvw, thanks for asking your question about articulating LCD screen protectors. I took the liberty of editing your thread's title to make it specific because we have a nice long and more general LCD Screen Protector thread in this Accessories forum, as well.

6. turbodieselvw

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Thanks for putting it back to the correct forum. I realized after posting it that it was definitely not in the correct forum but couldn't figure out how to cancel or move it.

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Not to worry, turbodieselvw it is where it is and all is well! More importantly, I hope you've gotten some helpful feedback.:thumbup:

8. turbodieselvw

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Yes, I did. Looks like the Zagg invisible shield is it. Now I'll have to order one.