LB-EM10 bracket(s); any good?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by bremner, Mar 6, 2016.

1. ECG-1

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. third party

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. bremner

bremner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    I see on ebay several diffent aluminum brackets for the EM-10. Does anyone have experience with one of these? I have a little MeFOTO A320Q00 travel tripod (with a "mini-arca swiss" plate 25mm wide) and an older manfrotto 108 head with a slightly narrower plate. So neither is compatible with the "standard" arca swiss plates on these brackets. They are about half the price of an ECG-1, and just dumb metal in both cases. I plan to mount legacy lenses weighing about 600g and a panasonic 100-300, about the same mass.

2. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    I have the ECG-1, it's ok, just a piece of metal that can split in two parts to access card and battery. One defect is that, on tripod, you have to remove the plate to use this split feature. I think they could have made it a little bigger, but for most native lenses is fine.
    It helps, especially to carry the camera more then during shooting.

From pictures I like the one from Neewer, big and with an L plate, and can be partially assembled. The one from Fotodiox seems like an Olympus clone without the split part.

3. LucDeSchepper

LucDeSchepper Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 8, 2014
    Netherlands
    Luc de Schepper
    Maybe this thread with my experience is helpful? L-Plate for Olympus E-M10
    My L-Plate combines excellent with my MeFoto Roadtrip tripod.

4. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    UK
    I have the Neewer grip. I certainly feel more confident handling the camera with the grip attached, plus you can change battery and card without having to remove it. I kinda like the cold, heavy and premium feel that it adds to the camera, but when the temperature drops, it does get very cold. I think a rubber coating would have improved it, but I can live without it.