"Launching" your career as a photographer

protapic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Saw this inspirational story in local paper. Gotta give credit to photographer who intentionally sets out to distinguish herself from the pack:

Aerial image of Cavaliers 2016 NBA championship parade launches Emily Roggenburk's career, opens store at Crocker Park

"Roggenburk says that she knew she wanted to photograph the parade as she'd done her best to document all of the excitement leading up to it. She decided renting a helicopter was the twist she needed to get the images that no one else would have."

the story later states:

"After the parade, she zipped home and edited the photos and posted them for sale that evening. "That weekend, I sold $30,000 worth of prints. I knew I was quitting my job after that." Within a month of the parade and after five years in product development at American Greetings, she did just that."

NCV

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Nigel
I think the clever bit is combining the photographs with clothes and other products to make a style package.

I think just selling prints would be a recipe for failure. We are submerged with fantastic photographs.

Real Name
Melissa
Thanks for sharing! I love hearing about successful female photographers—especially those who don't specialize in maternity/wedding/baby. :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom