Latin/Jazz trio shot with EP1 and 50mm 2.0 macro

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by WT21, May 25, 2010.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Posted this also at DPR.

At a coffee house at our church, I brought my E-P1 along for kicks. The second band was FANTASTIC. They were supposedly just some Berklee students, but they could clearly record together.

Most of the shots were done with my OM 50mm macro, though there may be a 20/1.7 shot in there, as well.

This is why I love my EP1. I just feel more creative when I use that than the DSLRs I used to have.

Last comment -- apologies on the video. I wasn't expecting to shoot video, and my wife was complaining that we were on a date, not there to shoot, so the video is all hand-held.

Video is here: [ame="http://vimeo.com/12017846"]Enrique Trinidad at TCC Coffee House using Olympus E-P1 on Vimeo[/ame]. Some of the editing is sloppy, but I don't have time to re-edit.

• Like Like x 2
  2. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Wow, that was indeed fantastic, both the video and the trio! They're great. I'll try looking them up on youtube. They probably have performances recorded floating around :)

UPDATE: Looked them up, it turns out they already have quite a following. Lots of videos on youtube under Berklee Latin Jazz Band and "Kalani" Trinidad :)