Last of the $299 E-P2 Bodies

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Biro, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    It looks like the supply of brand-new, leftover Olympus E-P2 bodies is finally drying up. Cameta Camera lists two left in stock via If anyone is seriously interested in a deal on this camera, now would be the time to act.

Check out the link... but if you buy, go back into Amazon via the "Affiliate Partners" tab on the upper right of this page. If you buy through that link, Amin gets a small cut of the proft to help support this website.
  2. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
  3. Wes7

Wes7 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2011
    Just a note: when I was shopping for an E-P2, they "sold out" of bodies on amazon. I noticed they still had them available on Ebay, and by the next day, there were 15 in stock again on Amazon. My guess is they only put up a handful of bodies at a time to encourage buyers to act quickly.

Of course, it is a boy-who-cried-wolf scenario. One time they will be out for good ;)
  4. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    But, is E-P2 worth it? In the sense that, is it worth buying over E-PL2/3 or E-PM1?
  5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    At the rock bottom prices of the E-PM1, I think I'd prefer it over the older bodies.
  6. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Yeah it seems silly to give up the AF speed of the 3rd gen Olympus bodies (even if the IQ is the same) for only what 150-170$ more.
  7. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Newer bodies not only have faster AF, but weaker AA filters than the EP2.
  8. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    The E-P2 has 2 things going for it: style and controls. Everything else points in favor of the newer bodies.

I think Olympus drastically overestimated demand for the E-P3 /edit - meant to type E-P2/. I don't see any other explanation for why 2 years after they were introduced, and 6+ months after they were officially discontinued, there are still so many 'new in box' units available.

9. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    You mean the E-P2. I only wish they had excess inventory of the E-P3, because I would snap up another in hurry at those prices. :smile:

Back to the OT, the price of the E-P2 has tempted me more than once, but I've been too busy collecting lenses. I'll wait for the E-PL3 body to drop down to <$500.
  10. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Err yes. Can't type today!

There's the E-PM1 as well...!

11. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    You can look at the E-P2 in one of two ways. It either is an E-P1.5 (a very mild revision to the E-P1) or what the E-P1 should have been from day 1. As an existing E-P1 owner I could never see the reason to upgrade when for a long time the price difference between the two was multiple hundreds of dollars for such a small update (unless you really wanted to mount a viewfinder). Until now the price difference between the two didn't make a lot of sense to me.