Last colours of Autumn - 45mm F1.8

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyB, Nov 15, 2011.

1. TonyB

TonyB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2010
    I took a walk in the forest with my dog to try and capture the last colours of autumn before the leaves have all dropped. The colours were beautiful and the light was perfect. All shot with the EP-3 and 45mm.

• Like Like x 8
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Like that last one a lot. They're all nice in colors, but the last one is nice in both colors and composition/subject.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    I agree - the last one is beautiful.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    + 1 on the last one. How come I never see that kind of tree-lined road where I live? :(
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Baytoven

Baytoven Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, NC
    James Isaac
    Another vote for the last one.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I love the first one, but the whole sets killer:2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JayShiva

JayShiva Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Yarm, UK
    Last one is stunning.

Colours are beautiful throughout, though.

That lens is working its way onto my 'to buy' list!!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Another fan of the last image. Where was the photo taken?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    The last one is stunning.

That is one of the sights that I miss while living in the Southern California area.

During my misspent youth, I would spend hours in the rural countryside of the East Coast State in which I grew up.

Thanks for sharing.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TonyB

TonyB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2010

for all the kind comments, much appreciated. They were all taken at Savernake Forest, the last privately owned forest in the UK (but still open to the public). It's where I take my dog for walks and go for some peace and quiet :).The last one was taken in the "Grand Avenue", which is the main through road through the forest, I believe it's the longest tree lined avenue in the UK. I am getting a 16" by 12" print of it, the first big print from my EP-3, I can't wait to see how it turns out.
  11. TonyB

TonyB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2010
    Thanks and...

You may hate me for this but I strongly suggest that you do :smile:, it is absolutely superb and comparable to the ZD 50mm F2 macro (which I'm fortunate to own as well). I think some people mistakenly see this lens as purely a portrait lens, it's so much more than that.
  12. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

spectacular the last Image
    • Like Like x 1