1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Larrymac's introduction

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by larrymac1, Nov 23, 2010.

1. larrymac1

larrymac1 New to Mu-43

Nov 14, 2010
    Hello; Just a quick introduction. I have grown up with people around me taking photographs and always had an interest in them. At 45 I bought my first computer and digital camera. It was a Rioch. The top flipped open and you had the view screen. Man was it neat. The coolest thing to take photos and see them immediately. My first computer was an HP with a 810 Mb hard drive the salesman told me I would never fill up. :biggrin: Sure. I have had several point and shoots over the years but about 5 years ago I bought the E-volt 500 with the two lense kit and my world changed overnight. I had never shot with an SLR before so all the appropriate terminology was basically new to me. So a vast majority of the photos I took were on Automatic mode, and in truth I still shoot a lot on Auto. I play with the other settings when I have the time in the field and do get some relatively good photos although I think they could be better. After the holidays I will post some on the appropriate thread. I enjoy landscapes and old buildings, farms, ranch houses, wild flowers etc. I have tried some portrait shooting but I am never happy with the results. I always seem to be a half a beat slow in getting what I want. I recently bought the 520 and I am saving for the 620. I just can't justify the E-3 or E-5 professional type gear. Going with Olympus was a difficult choice, but one I am glad that I made. The lenses are pricier but overall better glass than I have seen elsewhere. I am married with 4 cats that I am slave to. I will post the photos I have taken of them as well and get your feedback.

I am a Vietnam Veteran and believe in God and country. I am a conservative just so you know. Like the verse to a current release country tune, paraphrased. I John Wayne, John Deere and Johnny Cash. If there is anything I have forgotten to tell you I am sure it will come up. Oh yeah I am 61 and will be 62 in January and seriously thinking about retirement. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Larry,
    Welcome Home Brother and welcome to the forum.
    Ya fell in with the right guy at your back, Nam "69-70"... 11 Bravo!
    I'm always around and available for the members anytime. Any issues let me know...
    shooter

3. larrymac1

larrymac1 New to Mu-43

Nov 14, 2010
    I thought so. I had seen your avatar on lots of postings so I figured you were one of us. Welcome home yourself. I was there 70 - 72. Airborn Ranger idiot. Glad I am back but would sure like the chance to go back and shoot with a camera this time.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Larry, welcome and thanks so much for your introduction. I really enjoy reading people's intros, especially when they take the time and feel comfortable about going into details.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some of your photographs so don't hold back!

5. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

A warm welcome to you Larry, and thanks for joining the forum.

All the best,

Colin