Largest lens you'd use routinely on the GM1?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by broody, Sep 8, 2014.

1. broody

broody Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 8, 2013
    Just curious. The 25mm 1.4 is the largest lens I own, as I only shoot primes and the 12-32mm. I don't use a grip on the GM1 and I find it's pretty OK, actually. Please share your experiences with trying out big lenses on this little camera!

2. MNm43

MNm43 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2014
    I've routinely used the 14-140 ii on the GM1 but I also have a Franiec grip on the little guy. What I find is that the ergonomics change with larger lenses. It's not bad, just different as I principally hold the lens/body on my left palm - that is the lens becomes what I principally use to support the camera rather than trying to pinch grip it with my right hand. This seems natural to me as it is what I'm used to doing with the Nikon and any of its larger lenses.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Viktor1135

Viktor1135 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 23, 2014
    London
    ^ Snap!!

Left hand supporting the lens "DSLR grip" when fitted with the 14-140 switching to a "Point & Shoot" pinch grip when fitted with my 15mm PanaLeica.

• Like Like x 1
  4. broody

broody Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 8, 2013
    Thank you! I am very happy with the GM1, but am thinking of larger lenses already. From your feedback I think the 75mm Zuiko would be no problem at all in handling using the lens gripping technique.