1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Laptop or Leica?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by pdh, Jan 13, 2011.

1. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    A new laptop?
    Or another lens?

You decide ...

Addendum: I already have a laptop, it's just a little slow

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

The lens please, with a side order of fries :smile:

3. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    I like this poll..
    35mm f/2.8 please... in Chrome
    Since I have no "Leitz" made lens, and I don't own a 35mm... in any mount,
    The Summaron is a nice pick... very sharp, moderate f/stop, a great street shooter lens....

4. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    some good buys used - I've just picked up a Summarit 35mm f2.5 for 70% of the new cost - mint, boxed, used twice and still under warranty

5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

i have no idea what a fillum is so I voted Laptop. My argument is that if you get a good one with a good screen you will be able to appreciate the awesome colour, sharpness ect of pictures when you get your Leica lens.

Back in the old days when I was younger, my I tried my theory and it worked.My end goal was to get a block of dirt. (eg. Land)
    I bought a laptop to I could check out the classifieds to buy a car. Then I bought a car then I could check out the classifieds in the shop window to buy some land. ( now i've got my land, i can put my car on it and build a house to put my laptop inside) -although that part is when I want to get out of Dad's house.

I could have used dad's car and went straight to the shop window but I modelled my theory to what I wanted and It justified the purchase and I had a job for it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Get a laptop. Make it a Mac. Put LR in it the use what camera ya have.
    You'll live the new Puter.
    Save up and get a 35 Cron if ya want a good lens.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Iconindustries

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:
    :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

That's how I agree

8. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

A fillum, cod and chips, and change from half-a-crown for sure! This would keep me alive and happy for another day, non of the others can guarantee that that. :dance2:

• Like Like x 1
  9. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Haddock and chips for me (which is what I'll be having with my pint of cider at lunchtime tomorrow, all being well), a Leica lens with the change, that will take longer to become outdated than a puter!

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  10. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    I'll pass on the fillum, it'll be out on DVD next week! The chips will make me fat so I'm going for the 50mm summicron, it'll last a lifetime :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    Buy up every PC computer in the world, put an axe through them, the exercise will do you good ! Go buy a Mac Book.

12. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    In the good old days half a crown would get you a night out at the Odean and a woman.

13. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    Ah this is all good stuff ladies and gentlemen ... thank you for your interest & keep it all coming ... when it comes to votes, remember, use it or lose it. ...

I suppose I'd better add at this point that I have never bought, and never intend to buy, any products made by Apple Corp. ... but anyone who wants to have Mac Vs PC debate should open another thread!

btw Christilou, how did you manage to vote for a 50mm Summicron when the only lens option is a 35mm Summaron?

14. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    Barrie
    How old are you Mick? :biggrin:

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  15. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    he must be a youngster, he can't spell Odeon

16. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    Barrie
    Oh yes, didn't notice that, tell you what he's not been out much lately, that inflation has affected the price of everything.

Barrie

17. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Why would I vote for a summaron, it's as old as me! Aim high :) In any case, my Macbook has been beaten into submission for the time being and I'm after an I Mac now, (see, aiming high again). My husband would say that it's "not on the decision tree" LOL :)

18. Iconindustries

19. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    Barrie
    Brady, I think it was fillum, just a cute way of saying film (a movie), and the Odeon (correct spelling) was a chain of cinemas, at least here in the UK.
    As an aside, I hope you guys stayed dry, now the long clean up begins for your community, I must say those I've seen interviewed have been very stoical about it all, good on you.

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  20. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    Good point ! do not know how I managed that.