Showcase Laowa 7.5mm f/2

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago
Mine has turned out to be a bad copy and I've asked to be re-imbursed as I'm worried that I might get another bad copy if it's from the same batch. I shot at f8 and 5.6 on infinity and tried manual as well but all were soft across the whole frame. Perhaps I expect too much but at the price for a manual focus, I expect better and the text on the 100% crop to be sharper than that. Raw to jpg with no added processing

P8300011.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P8300011 100% crop.jpg

billca

Mu-43 Regular
Just a thought, but did you set the focal length manually so ibis knows what focal length its dealing with.

dlvolk

Mu-43 Regular

dlvolk

Mu-43 Regular

Julia

Mu-43 Veteran
I liked its size, but found that it wasn't as sharp as my Samyang/Rokinon fish eye and I just couldn't justify the cost of the Laowa in that case. Nonetheless, had fun taking it out for sunrise today before returning it tomorrow.

Olympus EM1.1
Laowa 7.5 1/90s f2.8
Formatt Hitech 67mm filter holder (it vignetted so the image is slightly cropped to remove the filter holder from the corners) with a 0.9 soft grad filter

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom