Laowa 10mm F2.0 C&D-Dreamer, MFT-lens.

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
So seems like Laowa will release a 10 mm f/2.0 wide-angle lens developed for M43-system. And rumoured to have electric contacts like their new Macro-lens has.

Looking pretty small and not a bad price. They usually make quality lenses too.

Anyone have an idea what that C&D-Dreamer means?

"These are the first images of the new Laowa 10mm F2.0 C&D-Dreamer lens. Price should be around 300 Euro/Dollars."

10mm.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

10mm3.jpg

10mm2.jpg

https://www.43rumors.com/this-is-the-new-laowa-10mm-f2-0-cd-dreamer-lens/

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
So seems like Laowa will release a 10 mm f/2.0 wide-angle lens developed for M43-system. And rumoured to have electric contacts like their new Macro-lens has.

"These are the first images of the new Laowa 10mm F2.0 C&D-Dreamer lens. Price should be around 300 Euro/Dollars."

View attachment 860112

View attachment 860113

View attachment 860114

https://www.43rumors.com/this-is-the-new-laowa-10mm-f2-0-cd-dreamer-lens/
Chromatic Distortion?

DISCLAIMER: Any offense taken/given is purely accidental and entirely due to my own inaneness

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Moula

Mu-43 Regular
Already asked moderator to delete or join.

Yeap, seems like 12 cm minimum focus (0.15× mag?). Same number of special elements as 7.5/2. Tiny and lightweight. May be a dream come true. 10 mm with electronics is what I wanted for a long time. Aperture of f/2.0 is even 1-2 stops better, than what was hoping for. We'll see what the performance and price will be.

Edit: Duplicit thread deleted by moderator.

Last edited:

S-Osolin

Mu-43 Regular
I'm somewhwat interested in it. Meike has 8mm t2.9 announced, but it's half a kilo. Only thing preventing me from jumping to one of them is that I don't have a lot of things to shoot that would warrant ultra wide angle.

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
I want one. My oly 12mm was unfortunately way to soft at f/2 to be acceptable. This seems quite expensive too, so hopefully be good.

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim

Electronic contact would be great, I have shied away from buying other MF lenses for M4/3 because of this. Have a couple of Voigtlander lenses for my Sony and they have the contacts. Heck if Laowa can do it for $399, like they did on the 50mm APO Macro for M4/3, hopefully this will force Voigtlander to put contacts in future lenses for M4/3.

Quality wise my Laowa 7.5mm f2 is very well built. I mostly use it for landscapes when I don't want to carry my Oly 7-14 f2.8, and set it at F4 or 5.6 and shoot away, very happy with the results. It was priced at $499, so this one is $100 less

C & Dreamer means Compact Dreamer for the smaller lenses. The larger lenses are the D Dreamer or Cine lenses and have larger filter sizes, though some are as small as 49mm.

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Drop Date? Did I miss the Drop Date in this rumor of announcement? Does anyone have a date?
Well I don't read chinese, but the chinese webpage on the other thread had some button which seemed like you could buy it.

But then again, Laowa homepage or the shop doesn't show this lens at all from what I know.

And the m43-rumours page didn't have any more info either.

stevedo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve Douglas
There have been so many comments over time, both here and other forums, from people almost screaming for a wide angle, fixed focal length in the 9/10mm range with fast aperture that this thing should sell by the boatload :thumbup:

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Laowa answered this. So it is compact & zero-d.

"The letter before the DREAMER name actually refers to the uniqueness of different lenses.

C - Compact

W - Wide

D - Distortion (Zero-D)"

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom