1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lanc Control Pistol Grip

Discussion in 'Blackmagic Design Cameras' started by Lobbamobba, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Ordered this over a month ago and forgot about it, works like a charm but I almost liked my FS100 handle beter.
    It should work on any camera with a standard lanc Connection.
    Add a loupe and you have basically built a DIY RetroFlex rig for a 1/5 of the Money.

wp-20140725-21-08-42-pro.

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I suspect that, in some countries, if you walked around holding that, you'd be the target of a SWAT team or the like.

3. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Ha! Maybe but did that hapen alot in the 60-80s when that was pretty much the standard look of houshold film cameras? :)

Rony_Super_8_film_camera_(3).JPG

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    The 60s-80s, especially the earlier part, was a far less tense era. You'd have to be nuts to go about with a gunstock camera mount nowadays.

On another note, have you heard any rumours about the BMPCC replacement? There's been a bit of talk here and there that a newer model is expected, one that will improve on many of the 'shortfalls' of the current model and maybe introduce 4K. If they introduced a BMPCC with a full m4/3 sensor, I don't think I could avoid getting one.

5. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Would likely happen in this country too - places like Ferguson, MO.

6. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    I dont Think it would be a problem. I see people shoot video all over the World and never heard about anybody getting shot by a cop or something :)

Dont know about any replacement. What shortcomings is it you mean?
    My camera is preforming above what was promised so I dont know what they could fix really.

A m4/3 sensor feels unlikely since its not a cinema standard and s16 is pretty Close but who knows. 4K maybe, but I guess not for a while since shooting 4K Raw is an entire different situation regarding heat.

7. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    ..... especially if you just robbed a cigar store ....

8. Henry

Henry Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2012
    Montreal
    Hello Lobbamobba! Does the Lanc Control Pistol Grip help stabilize the BMPCC? If so, how effective is it?

9. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    It does since it alows for a better grip with your arms tighter to the body. Ad a loupe and/or stock for 1/2 mor points of contact and you could go handheld with pretty long unstabilized lenses.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I've read that the screen isn't the best, from a resolution as well as a durability perspective, there are some issues with the retention of settings and I think the AF or aperture controls received some negative reviews. It's not that anything was outright poorly implemented, but some reviewers felt that there were elements that could be improved.

11. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Aperture control was just a few lenses, its been fixed.
    The screen isnt the best but most people would use their own or spend the extra $5k for a different camera ;)
    There is not AF on any camera worth using for video if you ask me but there is none on this camera since its a cinema camera.

Only time will tell what the next model will have. They have pretty much used NAB as the place for releases,so we have to be patient :)

12. Henry

Henry Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2012
    Montreal
    What is a "loupe" or a "stock"? I didn't quite understand, sorry :blush: