1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lake Minnewanka, Banff

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by BlairMacKay, Jun 18, 2012.

1. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    Long time no post!

I just moved out to Calgary, Alberta after graduating from university, so decided to dust off the camera for an overnight hike in Banff National Park. This photo was taken on the shore of Lake Minnewanka with a GF1 and 14-45mm.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/blairmackay/7397476234/" title="Shadows by blair.mackay, on Flickr"> 7397476234_1ccab9fba5_b. "1024" height="768" alt="Shadows"></a>

Thanks for looking!

• Like Like x 11
  2. ryanl

ryanl Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 2, 2012
    great picture. going to be spending a few days there in the next few weeks. we're driving from vancouver all the way over to winnipeg, with stops in various little towns along the way. but on the way back we get three days in banff... camera's gonna get a workout that's for sure. i've heard lake moraine, peyto lake, etc. provide beautiful pics. any other suggestions are welcome!!

3. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    I haven't been here for too long, but Lake Louise and Jasper are really nice if you want to go further North. There is still a ton of snow in the mountains around Sunshine village area so I would check them out!

4. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    lovely image..

• Like Like x 1
  5. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    Sure, it looks pretty... but do NOT go swimming in there. It's COOOOLD!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    The whole area around Banff and Jasper is very beautifull with lot's of photo opportunities. I recommend driving down the Icefield Parkway and plan enough time to get out of the car and hike a little bit.

If you are especially interested in lakes, you also shouldn't miss Medicine Lake near Jasper and Lake Louise.

7. JIA333

JIA333 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2012
    The Caribbean
    Yeidy
    Gorgeous =D

8. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    littleMT, I've run across your posts often but this morning I got an unexpected chuckle. I caught you winking at me.

9. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    I wink at all the sexy people daddy-o..........!