Laggy video from EM-5?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Damien, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Damien

Damien Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 9, 2013
    The video I record with my EM-5 can look a little "jumpy" sometimes... and I don't mean that look when your shutter speed is fast, it just looks like it skips a beat here and there.
    Is that normal? Is it because I don't have the mega-fastest SD card out there?

2. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    What's the processor and ram of your computer?

3. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    The video from my OM-D doesn't look laggy. :O

4. Damien

Damien Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 9, 2013
    i7 2600k, 8 gigs of ram, solid state drive

5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

What class of card did you use? For video class 4 is the lowest limit and I have seen them not like HD video. When I shoot HD I always use a class 10 card as it is more than fast enough.

6. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    Wow. I guess my laptop is slow. Lol. Im using sd card class 10 and have no problem with the video.

7. Kadmos

Kadmos Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    I think it could be just your media player. Before you try anything else give VLC media player a try. I had the same exact problem! It turned out the videos were good but the rendering by the other players I was using was simply not suited for OM-D files.

8. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    +1 try different players.

9. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    S.Yorkshire, UK
    Les
    Try Splash Lite it is pretty good at high bitrate files, better than VLC IMO.

10. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

Yep, I'll bet it's the video player, too. Video from the E-M5 shouldn't stutter at all, and your computer is fully capable. Next thing to check is the card used for recording.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.