LACMA Lamposts in B&W (LA County Museum of the Arts)

jambaj0e

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The lamp posts at LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of the Arts) have always been a hot spot for photographers. I think that the lamps look even better in black & white. The wide shots are taken with the kit lens, while the tighter shots are taken with my Konica 40mm f1.7. All photos taken in color, processed to black & white in Lightroom

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

jambaj0e

Mu-43 Top Veteran

jambaj0e

Mu-43 Top Veteran

jambaj0e

Mu-43 Top Veteran

jambaj0e

Mu-43 Top Veteran

The Ring ;D

brnmatsumoto

Mu-43 Regular
Joe,

Thank you for posting. I liked them all, but my favorites were the 4th picture down on the 1st post and the last photo of the 2nd post. What appealed to me was the complete cold black tones balanced with some brilliant highlights with intermediate gray values. Having this complete tonality was very attractive.

Brian

jambaj0e

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Joe,

Thank you for posting. I liked them all, but my favorites were the 4th picture down on the 1st post and the last photo of the 2nd post. What appealed to me was the complete cold black tones balanced with some brilliant highlights with intermediate gray values. Having this complete tonality was very attractive.

Brian
Thanks Brian! Making it black & white allowed me to really concentrate on tonality, light and shadow, and contrast. I definitely love the outcome :D

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom