1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

L-Plate Alternative

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by woof, Nov 19, 2012.

1. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    I've used RRS for a long time. Need a plate now and stock is out at RRS for the EM-5. Looking for alternatives, came to this:

JTec L-bracket for Olympus OM-D E-M5 Camera

Not a fly-by-night outfit; some of their l-plates are sold by B&H. Are there any other options?

I tend to put L-Plates on and keep them there unless I need something like a grip (which implies a lot of hand-held action anyway.

woof!

2. Sunway photo

3. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Do you have experience with these plates and an EM-5?

4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Perfect! :rofl:

6. yes... i use it wwith several cameras including my Leica and Micro 43.. Epl1 and OMD. They have schematics online with very detailed measurements. My Omd uses the DPL-02 for use without grip. The rest of my cameras use the more generic DPL-01 but i beleave there are several models that will work... its personal preference. The DPL02 has a sliding peice which allows the L bracket "hug" the side of the camera better. I shaved off a tiny bit of material to allow use with the grip portion of the HLD6... to make room form the tripod tightening screw.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quick photo

Attached Files:

8. From the rear

Attached Files:

9. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Wow, great. Very helpful. Thanks for the pictures too. I'll check into online measurements. Thanks for taking the time. I really appreciate your help.

woof!

10. no problem

I purchased them via the ebay seller oeccamera... along with a gimble head and nodal slider. They seem to be a retailer for sunway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.