1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

L-Plate Alternative

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by woof, Nov 19, 2012.

1. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    I've used RRS for a long time. Need a plate now and stock is out at RRS for the EM-5. Looking for alternatives, came to this:

JTec L-bracket for Olympus OM-D E-M5 Camera

Not a fly-by-night outfit; some of their l-plates are sold by B&H. Are there any other options?

I tend to put L-Plates on and keep them there unless I need something like a grip (which implies a lot of hand-held action anyway.

woof!

2. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sunway photo

3. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Do you have experience with these plates and an EM-5?

4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Perfect! :rofl:

6. usayit

yes... i use it wwith several cameras including my Leica and Micro 43.. Epl1 and OMD. They have schematics online with very detailed measurements. My Omd uses the DPL-02 for use without grip. The rest of my cameras use the more generic DPL-01 but i beleave there are several models that will work... its personal preference. The DPL02 has a sliding peice which allows the L bracket "hug" the side of the camera better. I shaved off a tiny bit of material to allow use with the grip portion of the HLD6... to make room form the tripod tightening screw.

• Like Like x 1
  7. usayit

Quick photo

Attached Files:

8. usayit

From the rear

Attached Files:

9. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Wow, great. Very helpful. Thanks for the pictures too. I'll check into online measurements. Thanks for taking the time. I really appreciate your help.

woof!

10. usayit

no problem

I purchased them via the ebay seller oeccamera... along with a gimble head and nodal slider. They seem to be a retailer for sunway.