L-Plate Alternative

woof

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I've used RRS for a long time. Need a plate now and stock is out at RRS for the EM-5. Looking for alternatives, came to this:

JTec L-bracket for Olympus OM-D E-M5 Camera

Not a fly-by-night outfit; some of their l-plates are sold by B&H. Are there any other options?

I tend to put L-Plates on and keep them there unless I need something like a grip (which implies a lot of hand-held action anyway.

woof!

Promit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Promit Roy
P227.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
:rofl:

usayit

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
woof said:
Do you have experience with these plates and an EM-5?

yes... i use it wwith several cameras including my Leica and Micro 43.. Epl1 and OMD. They have schematics online with very detailed measurements. My Omd uses the DPL-02 for use without grip. The rest of my cameras use the more generic DPL-01 but i beleave there are several models that will work... its personal preference. The DPL02 has a sliding peice which allows the L bracket "hug" the side of the camera better. I shaved off a tiny bit of material to allow use with the grip portion of the HLD6... to make room form the tripod tightening screw.

woof

Mu-43 Top Veteran
yes... i use it wwith several cameras including my Leica and Micro 43.. Epl1 and OMD. They have schematics online with very detailed measurements. My Omd uses the DPL-02 for use without grip. The rest of my cameras use the more generic DPL-01 but i beleave there are several models that will work... its personal preference. The DPL02 has a sliding peice which allows the L bracket "hug" the side of the camera better. I shaved off a tiny bit of material to allow use with the grip portion of the HLD6... to make room form the tripod tightening screw.

Wow, great. Very helpful. Thanks for the pictures too. I'll check into online measurements. Thanks for taking the time. I really appreciate your help.

woof!

Latest threads

Top Bottom