L Bracket for Panasonic gf1 from Kirk Photo

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Nice idea... unless you want to use a cable release! (Sorry, that term reveals my age... the term is now "remote release" with electronic cameras and I'm still struggling with old school terminology.) ;)

I don't know what these makers are thinking... when we need a tripod, it's generally a very good idea to maximize the tripod's benefit and also use a remote release. With the RRS and Kirk L-plates, you can't use your remote release because the L-bracket interferes with the door/access to the remote release terminal. Such a pity due to poor design considerations.

tedsalt

New to Mu-43
Other remote release for Panasonic GF1 ?

The door will open with the RRS L-plate, but the Panasonic remote release has a big wart (signal conditioner?) on the cable an inch from the connector. So effectively you can't use the pananoic remote with the RRS L-plate.

Has anyone tried any other remote releases on the GF1?

After investing this much money, I would have thought this equipment would have been designed better ...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom