1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

L Bracket for Panasonic gf1 from Kirk Photo

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Elliot, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Elliot

Elliot Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2010
    NORTHERN VIRGINIA USA
  2. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Nice idea... unless you want to use a cable release! (Sorry, that term reveals my age... the term is now "remote release" with electronic cameras and I'm still struggling with old school terminology.) ;)

I don't know what these makers are thinking... when we need a tripod, it's generally a very good idea to maximize the tripod's benefit and also use a remote release. With the RRS and Kirk L-plates, you can't use your remote release because the L-bracket interferes with the door/access to the remote release terminal. Such a pity due to poor design considerations.

3. tedsalt

tedsalt New to Mu-43

Feb 9, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Other remote release for Panasonic GF1 ?

The door will open with the RRS L-plate, but the Panasonic remote release has a big wart (signal conditioner?) on the cable an inch from the connector. So effectively you can't use the pananoic remote with the RRS L-plate.

Has anyone tried any other remote releases on the GF1?

After investing this much money, I would have thought this equipment would have been designed better ...