L Bracket for Panasonic gf1 from Kirk Photo

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Nice idea... unless you want to use a cable release! (Sorry, that term reveals my age... the term is now "remote release" with electronic cameras and I'm still struggling with old school terminology.) ;)

I don't know what these makers are thinking... when we need a tripod, it's generally a very good idea to maximize the tripod's benefit and also use a remote release. With the RRS and Kirk L-plates, you can't use your remote release because the L-bracket interferes with the door/access to the remote release terminal. Such a pity due to poor design considerations.

tedsalt

New to Mu-43
Other remote release for Panasonic GF1 ?

The door will open with the RRS L-plate, but the Panasonic remote release has a big wart (signal conditioner?) on the cable an inch from the connector. So effectively you can't use the pananoic remote with the RRS L-plate.

Has anyone tried any other remote releases on the GF1?

After investing this much money, I would have thought this equipment would have been designed better ...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom