L Bracket for Panasonic gf1 from Kirk Photo

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Elliot, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Elliot

Elliot Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2010
    NORTHERN VIRGINIA USA
  2. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Nice idea... unless you want to use a cable release! (Sorry, that term reveals my age... the term is now "remote release" with electronic cameras and I'm still struggling with old school terminology.) ;) 

I don't know what these makers are thinking... when we need a tripod, it's generally a very good idea to maximize the tripod's benefit and also use a remote release. With the RRS and Kirk L-plates, you can't use your remote release because the L-bracket interferes with the door/access to the remote release terminal. Such a pity due to poor design considerations.

3. tedsalt

tedsalt New to Mu-43

Feb 9, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Other remote release for Panasonic GF1 ?

The door will open with the RRS L-plate, but the Panasonic remote release has a big wart (signal conditioner?) on the cable an inch from the connector. So effectively you can't use the pananoic remote with the RRS L-plate.

Has anyone tried any other remote releases on the GF1?

After investing this much money, I would have thought this equipment would have been designed better ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.