Kyrenia (Cyprus)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by nachetetm, Mar 9, 2015.

1. nachetetm

nachetetm Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2014
    I wanted to share a couple of pictures I took recently. A friend came to visit me, and we went to Kyrenia, a city in the north of the island.

The first picture was taken in the old venetian harbor:

The second was taken at the Pentadactylos, the mountain range that can be seen at the back of the city in the first picture:

I hope you enjoy them :-D
    • Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Love these shots! I'd love to teleport straight into either one. Lovely atmosphere and lighting.
  3. berkshiregrl

berkshiregrl Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2011
    Just gorgeous! Both the harbor and the mountains look so inviting.
  4. stuntman

stuntman M43 FOR THIRDS 4 EVER

Jul 6, 2011
    Beautiful photos!
  5. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    great photos but since it is a technical forum, it would be nice if you wrote down which camera and lens was used to take them
  6. nachetetm

nachetetm Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2014
    Hi to everyone, and many thanks for your "likes" and comments.

Absolutic is right, it is a pity I didn't mention anything about the gear I used. These two photos are both taken with my Olympus OM-D E-M10. For the one in the mountains I used the lumix 20mm f1.7 (my favourite lens) with an polarizer filter and f5.6. For the one in the harbor I needed a shorter focal lenght, so I switched to the kit lens (zuiko 14-42IIR), setted at 16mm and f4.5. Usually I am not a big fan of the kit lens, but in this ocasion made a wonderful job. I was lucky to encounter changing conditions, and while the sun was going down on the west, a huge storm was coming from the east, giving two different tonalities to the sky. Both pictures were taken in RAW and developed with Lightroom 5.6.

Please, do not hesitate to ask questions, and of course any criticism or advice to improve these pics would be greatly appreciated.
  7. Phlash46

Phlash46 Nikon Refugee

Jul 1, 2014
    Montrose, NY
    Bruce Gordon
    Great shots!