1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Kudos to Olympus Repair service!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Chrisnmn, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    As I recently saw some guys complaining about the terrible repair service that Olympus offers, i thought it would be fair to point with the same emphasis when a brand does things right.

Ill try to make it short. Olympus doesnt have any offices in New Zealand. Only in Australia, they only have their Medical division here, but all things to imaging how they call it goes through Australia. But they do have a 3rd party repairing service for NZ customers.

6 days before my warranty expired, my camera started acting up. A lot of firmware glitches, sometimes i would change the mode dial and would jump randomly in between modes, it would auto cancel the image preview on the back, or the control wheels would do something else, and stuff like that. At the same time i decided to change the cracked LCD frame as when i first contacted them (back in February this year, they said it would take up to 4 weeks to get the parts to repair it, therefore was a high chance of not getting my main camera for my trip to patagonia).

So i emailed the repair service, told me to send the camera in, this was last week, say tuesday. I sent the camera on wednesday, they received it on thursday and got an email saying the repair would take in between 3 to 4 days.

Today i got home after work and there was a box with my name on it (heres the funny part), it was a Sony box. And i was like WTF? i didnt order any RX100 or RX1 ha!. then i read who was it from and it was from Olympus repair service.

Inside the Sony box there was my olympus box really well wrapped and floating in bags of air. took the camera out and there was a whole list of repairs done to the camera, and to my surprise, they did the following.

Work Done:

Dismantle, remove and replace top cover assembly. Also replace cracked LCD surround. Reassemble, recalibrate and check all okay. Warranty on work done: 90 days

Parts:

- Top Cover Unit
    - Cover Monitor Front
    - Deco Screw x 3
    - Tape Monitor EM-5

--

And after all that repair, I got it back today, less then a week since i sent it!. and the camera looks brand new! they even kept my Mysets!!!. so Kudos to Olympus.

though the reason why they dont do good marketing wise, is because of little details such as sending me, an Olympus camera wrapped in a Sony camcorder box!.

Im a happy camper now! back in business!. now lets see if i jump in the EP5 wagon as a second body.

2. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam
    Thats good to hear!

I wish I still had warranty. My warranty expired in May, but I called Oly USA last week to see if can still get an extension for $99 (when did they come out with the extension program?...they didn't offer it when the om-d came out, or even a few month after). The phone support said yes, email support said NO....lame