1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Kudos to Olympus Customer Service!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dyrmaker83, Feb 16, 2012.

1. dyrmaker83

dyrmaker83 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2011
    Washington, DC
    Mike
    I just have to say Olympus has some of the best customer service of any corporate company I've dealt with.

I dropped my E-PL2 on a Chicago sidewalk after I forgot to securely tighten my tripod mount strap ring (the one from Black Rapid). The fall dented the upper right corner where the pop-up flash is located. The camera still works perfectly, but the dent also warped the faceplate slightly and the flash doesn't pop or close well without extra help. Plus, I think the E-PL2 just looks so good that I hate having the clean lines messed up. I sent an email to Olympus through their customer service page on the website asking if it's possible to buy a replacement faceplate that I could install myself. Someone responded in less than 24 hours with direct contact information to the parts department. An email to the parts department was also answered in less than 24 hours, this time with detailed information (including part schematic image) and direct contact information to the employee, Maryann. My replied email received a response in a matter of minutes. Once I confirmed my E-PL2 color and that I wanted the part, she kept the last one on her desk until the next day, today, when I could call to confirm my payment information.

The best part is that I expected the faceplate to be exorbitantly expensive - companies usually gouge on parts like this. The price? Less than $20. Just over with shipping. I'm so impressed with Olympus, who also repaired my C-5060WZ years ago for free when it was just out of the warranty period.

Not sure this is useful to anyone, I just wanted to share my great experience.

• Like Like x 10
  2. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    I don't know about past, or the rest of the world but Olympus USA gets a :thumbup: from me.

I placed an order on my last camera not too long ago and I duplicated the billing and shipping address. Someone from their sales department thought it was odd based on my shipping history so they called me within a few hours JUST to confirm. She left a voicemail with a direct line to call back.

Most companies probably would have let that one slip through the cracks and blame the delay on the customer. It was extra on their part, but I was impressed with the effort.

3. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I've found their customer service for their online store good: not waiting too long and friendly customer service agents.

They are a bit slow, especially when it comes to exchanges/returns.

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Good to hear - thanks for sharing!