1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Kuala Lumpur Advice

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by retiredfromlife, Mar 13, 2018.

1. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    I will be traveling in ASIA again soon and will have a two day stop over in Kuala Lumpur and are wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to see. I notice there is a butterfly and bird park in the city, are they worth a visit?

Also any good photographic shops that have good prices. I would mainly be interested in Tripods and other hardware not cameras or lenses.

Any recommendations including places to eat will be appreciated.

2. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Take a day trip to Malacca to see the historical buildings and for some of the best Peranakan food around

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Alberta Dave

Alberta Dave Mu-43 Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    Central Alberta, Canada
    Dave
    Robin Wong has some interesting places that he photographs in a regular basis. One of the most fascinating seems to me to be the Batu Caves which looks very photogenic. If I come into a large sum of money I would like to go and visit. Oh well we can dream. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. The twin towers, the national mosque, the lake gardens, Chinese temples, Indian temples, old parts of town.

Two days is probably too short to venture out to Malacca.

Google "two days in Kuala Lumpur" for ideas.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    Whatever you end up doing, just observing the locals during the day or night going about their everyday business can be a wonderful thing. It captures the essence of the place and there's virtually no effort involved in shooting it all.

19489197619_61c257559b_b. Untitled by Otim, on Flickr

19683343245_829d9fee84_b. Untitled by Otim, on Flickr

20611385442_7acfb5b2d6_b. Untitled by Otim, on Flickr

Do not worry about eating at the street food at night, believe me it's fine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. retiredfromlife

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    I have decided to go to the bird park since roaming around Borneo has not netted me any good bird photos, but I have seen many exotic birds, monkeys, elephants etc. Not being a wildlife photographer I was not up to that challenge, but a great experience.

7. retiredfromlife

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    I must admit I saw some potentially good street shots in Sadakan but did try to take any as I am anything but discrete, but as you say just observing was great

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.