Kroeger (the ghost in the piano)

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
A pointless little film I made playing around with hybrid photography -- combining stills with a bit of video and audio. Full HD with the G5.

NOTE: Updated version based on some good suggestions received. Thanks all.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJaHwhU07eU]Kroeger - YouTube[/ame]

redalien

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tamas
It would have been awesome to take pictures of the keys while you hold em from behind and then sync the video sound to the still shots as if a ghost is playing. But this is awesome as well entropic

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
It would have been awesome to take pictures of the keys while you hold em from behind and then sync the video sound to the still shots as if a ghost is playing. But this is awesome as well entropic

Thanks and great idea! I'm new to this kind of thing but I will likely try more of it as time goes on.

twokatmew

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Margaret
Very nice. I loved those stills when you posted them, but the video and soundtrack are are even eerier. Bwahahaha! :biggrin:

--
Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Very impressive, John! I particularly like the way that all of the still images gave the viewer the impression this was just a slideshow, which made the video portion all the more eerie. Nice choice of music as well.

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
Revised version

NOTE: Updated version based on some good suggestions received. Thanks all.

I've also updated the first post, but the original version is still on my YouTube channel as well.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJaHwhU07eU]Kroeger - YouTube[/ame]

ApGfoo

Mu-43 Regular
I enjoyed the video. The composition was great. I think a slow scale in or slow pan could work well for this video.

What made you decide to use a fade to black transition in the 1st part then use a crossfade transition in the 2nd part?

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
I enjoyed the video. The composition was great. I think a slow scale in or slow pan could work well for this video.

What made you decide to use a fade to black transition in the 1st part then use a crossfade transition in the 2nd part?

Thanks!

Crossfade felt like acceleration to me and tied those slightly brighter scenes together. The blacks feel like rhythmic points and the fades like slurs to put a musical metaphor on it. I know that may sound dumb but thats how I feel it.

Pretty new to elements editor and it does have limitations. I tried some pans and zooms but they were hard to control so I went for simple. A better editor might help or I might just not understand adobe elements yet.

Latest threads

Top Bottom