1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Kowa SETR to MFT adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by e.besana, Apr 25, 2010.

1. e.besana

e.besana Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    Tarrytown, NY
    Hi all. A friend has offered to give me their Kowa SETR 50mm f/1.9 lens and I was wondering if anyone if there is an MFT adapter for it. Its got a bayonet mount. I've attached some pictures below. Please help with any information. Thanks.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hunter5117

Hunter5117 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2010
    The Kowa SET-R was a unique camera back in the late '60s era. It was one of a few 35mm SLR's with leaf shutter giving it much better flash syncing capability than the focal-plane shutters that were vastly more common. It was my first "real" camera and I shot a lot of photos with it until I switched to Canon. Unfortunately, along with the leaf shutter, it also had the aperture iris built into the body, so the lenses were only usable on that particular camera. As such, and along with the uncommon mount, I seriously expect you will have no chance in finding a way to adapt these to your digital body.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    you can create a custom mount using a 5 dollar body capm and a series of washers and crazy glue but you will have no f stops beyond wide open .

ive done many

4. DavidB

DavidB Mu-43 Regular

Apr 7, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    The things you learn!

At first glance at the above pictures I thought the lens might be broken, but with a leaf shutter it all makes sense!

5. e.besana

e.besana Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    Tarrytown, NY
    @Hunter..thanks for the info. my friend said the exact same thing: it was his "first real camera". I guess my search continues for a low light lens.