Kowa 12.5mm F1.4 C-Mount on the EP2

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Brian S, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Apr 11, 2009
    My second attempt at buying a C-Mount adapter worked out, and got a chance to try some quick photo's with this lens. It is a Kowa 12.5mm F1.4 made for 1" C-Mount cameras. Vignetting, but no worse than a lot of Fish-Eye lenses. It is fast, and will meet my need for a small, fast wide-angle lens.

Close-up and wide-open at F1.4:

[​IMG]

Distance shot, also wide-open:

[​IMG]

Another close-up and wide-open, show off the swirly Bokeh.

[​IMG]

C-Mount lenses such as this used to be very cheap. Get them while you can!

Attached Files:

2. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Paris
    It is a good effect lense it will never give you the sharpness on the entire plane as a 35mm Film lenses. If you look closely the sharpness drops dramatically on the sides, it is a good little lense to have around, C mount lenses give a very interesting rendering for portraits where you need a bit of soft focus.

3. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    Kowa now makes their C-Mount lenses in series aimed at different sensor resolutions. This lens is considered in the "2MPixel" detector range. Their high-end lens is made for 5MPixels, and cost much more.

This particular lens is old, recovered from a vidicon type camera. Not sharp, but wide and fast. Probably would sharpen up a bit when stopped down, but not the point of using the lens. This lens would be fun at an inside ride at Disneyworld.

4. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    I revisited this lens today: originally, infinity focus was at ~3ft on the lens. I added a shim to the mu43 adapter, and adjusted the lens to come up with the index actually set to where it could be read. So now the distance scale and infinity agree, and i piced up the close-end range of the lens again.

F1.4, infinity.
    [​IMG]

and close-in at F1.4.

[​IMG]