1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Konica mount?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by MattiasBredberg, Mar 26, 2013.

1. MattiasBredberg

MattiasBredberg Mu-43 Rookie

May 9, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Mattias Bredberg
    I have bought a Soligor 135 mm f2,8 for Konica. I wonider if there are more than one Konica mount or are they all the same? Is it the AR-mount?

I have to find an adapter to work with the lens and considering that the adapter is going to be more expensive than the lens itself, I would like to buy one that acutally fits the lens.

Thanks in advance.

2. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    If you post a picture, people can make sure it is the AR mount. The only other one I know of that is common is the Konica-Minolta AF mount, but it is much later. Mount should only be about $20-25, unless you really need one of the $100+ ones for some reason.

3. MattiasBredberg

May 9, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Mattias Bredberg
    Thank you. It is definetly not Konica/Minolta/Sony AF. I don't have the lens in my hand yet. After that, it seems like a good idea to post a Picture here.

4. Artorius

Artorius Mu-43 Regular

Indeed, this post is completely right! I have 3 AR mount lenses and the adapter works just fine. However, on my Hexanon 40mm, the mount tends to wiggle a bit around the lens. I don't know if this is the lens or the adapter. An easy way to tell a Konica AR mount from other bayonet mounts is that the AR has a little notch in one of the bayonet locks.

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    As you've already confirmed that this as not a Minolta AF/Sony Alpha mount, it's highly likely that it uses Konica's AR-mount. Konica had an earlier SLR mount which is referred to as F-mount (not the same as Nikon's F-mount), but it's unlikely that this Soligor lens uses that mount. The Konica F-mount was only used for about 5 years in the early 1960's and I've yet to come across a lens (much less from a third-party manufacturer) that uses it. So I would say that there's a 99% likelihood that the lens in question uses the AR-mount, which looks like this:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/lensmounts/konica.jpg" />[/URL]

[quote="MattiasBredberg, post: 422519"]I have to find an adapter to work with the lens and considering that the adapter is going to be more expensive than the lens itself, I would like to buy one that acutally fits the lens. [/quote]

Considering that you've not likely invested a bunch of money into this lens, I can't see the value in spending a bunch of money on an adapter. I've had pretty decent luck with sub-$20 adapters from a variety of sellers on eBay (e.g. [URL="http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=konica+ar+E-p1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=konica+ar+4%2F3&_sacat=0"]these[/URL]).

6. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    Here's a link to a page that shows both the "ancient" Konica F mount and the merely old Konica AR mount.

www.buhla.de - Konica Hexanon and Hexar lenses

It's unlikely that a Soligor lens would be in the Konica F mount unless it is a pre-set lens using the T-mount system of interchangeable mounts. The Konica F-series cameras were sold for only a few (~4) years before they replaced them with the AutoReflex (later Autoreflex) series using the newer AR mount (c. 1965).

7. MattiasBredberg

May 9, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Mattias Bredberg
    Thank you again for helping me out. No, I have only paid 156 SEK ~ 20 EUR for it. I am trying to find some AR adapter to use with it and I have found one in Sweden for 800 SEK (100 EUR)... I don't think I will buy that one.

When I get my hands on the lens, I will compare it to the picture above, hopefully it is an AR.

It is much more difficult to find AR --> m43 adapter than for instance Minolta MD. A bit strange as there seems to be a lot of good Konica mount lenses out for sale.

It might be reasonable that OM to m43 is quite easy to find as it is Olympus

8. s.donaldo

s.donaldo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2012
    UmeƄ, Sweden
    They pop up now and then on Tradera but not now.
    kreativfotografi.se has one for 525 SEK.

9. fluberman

fluberman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 19, 2012
    Indonesia
    Alex
    I bought one from Tradera, the seller is LinneaProfil. Usually I buy adapters from kamda.se, but they don't have this AR one. As far as I remember I paid around 200 or 250 SEK. The brand is FOTGA, and the build quality is good. I have a KIWI MD-m43 adapter but it is too tight to fit my OM-D, so I bought another one of FOTGA.

10. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The Soligor 135mm f/2.8 is not a great lens. Kinda fun to use, but it won't give you any notable results. However, if you get an AR mount adapter you will now have access to a large selection of some of the very best film lenses ever made, from the Konica Hexanon collection. It will be very good for future upgrades.

11. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    I have a hexanon 50mm f1.4. I like it a lot for bokeh and video. Not so sharp unless you stop all the way down to f5 or f8.

12. MattiasBredberg

May 9, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Mattias Bredberg
    I got the lens yesterday and it looks very much like it is an AR mount. I used my Vivitar 55mm macro to take the pictures... I do like that lens.

Attached Files:

13. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Really? My Hexanon 50mm/1.4 is sharp through the entire range, just like a digital-spec lens. How old is yours?

14. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Yep, that's definitely a Konica AR lens. Once you hunt down an adapter you'll want to be on the lookout for a Konica 40mm f/1.8 pancake. It makes a terrifically compact and usable lens with :43:. One of my favorite legacy lenses.

15. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    not sure. but here it is. my father bought it in the 70s with his Konica SLR. it's definitely soft wide open.

Attached Files:

16. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    i noticed there are two different AR 50mm primes
    a f1.4 - f16 and another f1.4 - f22.

I seem to have the f1.4 - f22

it appears mine is the -f22 because it has 8 aperture blades. the -f16 looks like it has 6

17. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Have two Konica 50mm 1.4 here. Both very soft at 1.4. My 57mm f1.2 is far better at 1.4 than either of the 50's (and seems to be around 1/3 stop brighter too). This is near MFD.

Don't think it matters whether its an f16 or f22 version. AFAIK the optics never changed.

I'm just jealous of Ned since it seems he has a very good copy of the lens :biggrin:

18. Gurin

Gurin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2012
    Sweden
    Mattias
    I bought one from Fotodiox. It works well on all my Konicas except on the 400. This long lens will not lock in the adapter. While I can use it I have to be carefull not to unscrew the lens while I am shooting.

Fotodiox levererar snabbt till Sverige.

I you want to by more Hexanons look up L-foto.

19. MattiasBredberg

May 9, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Mattias Bredberg
    I did actually place a bid on a such but my limit was 300 SEK ~ 35-40 EUR. I didn't win the auction and to me, it starts to get a bit too much when the value on old lenses gets too close the price of new ones. But I will be looking out for such kind of lenses, maybe I get lucky.

20. MattiasBredberg

May 9, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Mattias Bredberg
    I think I can get one from vintageobjektiv.se, they will probalby have them in stock in a week or two.