1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

[EXPIRED] Konica Hexanon AR 135mm F3.2

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by MajorMagee, Apr 1, 2011.

1. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I've seen a few of these have sold for <$30 over the last few months, but the only ones listed on eBay right now are Buy It Now for $145 or more. Anyone have a lead on some more reasonably priced ones?

2. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Great lens...sold mine here a couple months ago.

Have no fear, there will be more on eBay...just need patience! KEH sometimes has them, tho' I checked and none now.

Good luck!

3. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
  4. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    What I found attractive was the 3 ft. minimum focus distance of the f3.2, but the extra light gathering ability of the f2.5 is tempting as well.

I have a Multi-Coated Sears 135mm f2.8 (Korean made version) but it's not very good wide open with any high contrast areas getting fuzzy edges as the lighter portions bleed over into the dark. How does the 2.5 do?

5. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    One sold yesterday for $27, but it was ship to UK only so no chance on that one.

6. thearne3

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Two on ebay now...

7. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I just got out bid tonight at $47. I'm not sure I understand why there's such variation in "market price" from day to day.

8. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I missed out on one that came and went last night for $22, but I already had an open bid on a different one and didn't want to end up with two.

The one a few days prior to that went for $66. Go figure.

9. thearne3

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Frustrating! Are you using a Sniping program? These make it easy to bid on multiple items and cancel with the first 'win'. They are also handy when you find yourself outbid at the last moment at a level you might have exceeded. :thumbup:

10. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    This is sort of turning into a blog, but last night's rendition was losing out in the last seconds at $53. I'm now convinced that it's me that's driving the recent wild fluctuation in market prices. If I cap my bids in the low $20s then they all sell in the $20s (but $1 more than my limit). If it raise my limit to $40, $50, $60, $70, then the price ends up in what ever range I went up to plus $1.

So, for all you eBay seller's out there just hope the day you set for your auction to close is a day I'm feeling less patient in my hunt for this lens. If you're a buyer, you just have to catch me on a day when I'm fed up with chasing an irrational moving target.

11. geoffox23

geoffox23 Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Feb 5, 2010
    Brisbane. Australia
    Have you considered Greg Weber at Weber Camera?

12. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Thanks I have.

Same thing happened on the 25th at $50. I've been away from the computer for the last week, but it looks like there are are not any worthwhile ones on eBay at the moment. There is one being re-listed on eBay at $25 starting bid that appears pretty dirty and then says they don't know anything about lenses, and you're buying "as is" because "you're the expert" along with the couple of buy now ones at over $145.

It also seems I missed getting one from a generous member of this board while I was away. Sorry about that.

13. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    There is one for sale on FredMiranda right now, he is asking $75 but maybe you can make a lower offer?

14. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Just an update for the last couple of weeks. Nothing's really changed in that I always seem to get out bid by $1 a couple of times a week no matter the final price range ($25 - $70).

15. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Well, finally landed one for $46. We'll see what kind of shape it's in when it arrives.

16. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    It arrived today, and the first thing I noticed was a smear of excess grease around the body when I turned the focus. I've wiped it down several times and have most of it off, but a small amount keeps working it's way out. I'll just have to keep an eye on it to avoid spreading it onto the glass. The focus is smooth but fairly tight.

The front glass was pretty clean, but the rear element had some serious black grime on it that came off successfully, though it's difficult to get down in there very well because it's recessed. No signs of scratches or fungus and the coatings seems intact.

Took a few pictures and they turned out clean and sharp with decent contrast even wide open (f3.2) though the aperture blades are a bit sluggish (no signs of grease/oil on them, but I'll keep watching for a while).

The closer that usual focus (1m vs 1.5m) is why I was interested in this lens in the first place, and that's already proven to be worthwhile getting it when I already owned a 135mm f2.8 lens.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    lookin' good!

18. RMO1957

RMO1957 New to Mu-43

0   0   0

May 28, 2011
    BC Canada
    I have two of these lenes for my Nikon EM camera...
    Want to purchase one, I could put it up in the classified section for you?
    I will only sell one of mine though...

Eric
    PS I am new here though