1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Konica Hexanon 30mm F1.9, converted to C-Mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Brian S, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    And now on the EP2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shimmed for infinity focus for C-Mount, works with my C-Mount to mu43 adapter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will post the steps of the conversion in the Project forum of seriouscompacts.com.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    the image look great and the lens looks AWESOME on the camera.

3. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
  4. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Nice work! the lens does look great on the camera. Thanks.

5. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    That is really impressive work. Will the lens cover APS-C? I think NEX people would literally kill someone for that lens in NEX mount.

6. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    It comes close to NEX, maybe a little vignetting at the corner.

A member on the Sister SC forum inquired about this lens, saw it converted to NEX using an M39 adapter. I found where the person posted a description of the job. He used an M39 to NEX adapter, took the M39 threads out and ground it down for infinity focus. He also transplanted the two-blade aperture, which is behind the lens and attached to the camera body. I converted to C-Mount so it can be used with Nex or m43, and made an aperture mechanism/ lens hood that screws in the 46mm filter ring.

7. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
  8. correos.e

correos.e Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2012
    Brian, amazing work. There are some amazing lenses in fixed lens cameras out there for next to nothing. The electro 35 for instance looks awesome:
    Yashica Electro 35 GSN
    Have you tried other cameras?

9. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    The Yashica GSN is plentiful, has a great lens, and can be found non-working very often.

The lens is a good candidate, aperture is built into the lens. It is a big lens. I've seen a Flickr member post pictures of the mod.

10. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
  11. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    Most rangefinders are Full-Frame, and you are very unlikely to find a Konica Eye or Fed Micron in the local thrift store. Of late, what used to go into the thrift store ends up on Ebay. You can get a number of full-size, fixed-lens rangefinder cameras relatively cheap. The lenses will be huge on the u43 camera compared with the 30mm f1.9 that is the subject of this thread. You can find a number of F2.8 and F3.5 lenses on half-frame cameras, but the faster-than-F2 cameras are uncommon and expensive. The Micron 2 is on the lower-priced end of half-frame cameras with fast lenses.

Very, Very, Very rare- walking into a thrift shop and finding $15 Leica's and $30 Nikon RF's. But i have.

12. correos.e

correos.e Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2012
    So should I start a petition for you to work on the GSN?? :) 

13. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    I have a couple of dead ones in the basement. I will disassemble one in the next few weeks. I just converted a Leica Varob 5cm F3.5 lens for an enlarger into Leica Mount. It is basically an uncoated, 1930s Elmar in a fixed mount. Now, RF coupled for the Leica. i have a number of projects to get to.

14. correos.e

correos.e Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2012
    I'm getting quite a few body caps from pairs of Lens and body caps that i'm buying. Would that be too ugly - using hollowed out body caps for adapting ripped lenses?

15. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    Anything goes in lens hacking!

I prefer using something made of metal, and C-Mount-u43 adapters are cheap, and M39 adapters are cheap. It often depends on the required back-focus for the lens being converted. The Konica Eye camera has a back-focus closer to C-mount. Full-frame fixed-lens RF's are closer to Leica's 28.8mm standard. I also have a dead Minolta Hi-Matic 7s, need to look at it. And a Contaflex Tessar 28/2.8.

16. correos.e

correos.e Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2012
    look at this!!
    Color-Yashinon DX 45mm F1.7 (M4/3) - a set on Flickr

17. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    That is a great conversion job, I will have to give this a shot. Japanexposures.com will convert this lens to RF coupled Leica mount. Mirrorless cameras are much easier.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.