1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Konica Hexanon 30mm F1.9, converted to C-Mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Brian S, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    And now on the EP2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shimmed for infinity focus for C-Mount, works with my C-Mount to mu43 adapter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will post the steps of the conversion in the Project forum of seriouscompacts.com.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    the image look great and the lens looks AWESOME on the camera.

3. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
  4. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Nice work! the lens does look great on the camera. Thanks.

5. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    That is really impressive work. Will the lens cover APS-C? I think NEX people would literally kill someone for that lens in NEX mount.

6. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    It comes close to NEX, maybe a little vignetting at the corner.

A member on the Sister SC forum inquired about this lens, saw it converted to NEX using an M39 adapter. I found where the person posted a description of the job. He used an M39 to NEX adapter, took the M39 threads out and ground it down for infinity focus. He also transplanted the two-blade aperture, which is behind the lens and attached to the camera body. I converted to C-Mount so it can be used with Nex or m43, and made an aperture mechanism/ lens hood that screws in the 46mm filter ring.

7. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
  8. correos.e

correos.e Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2012
    Brian, amazing work. There are some amazing lenses in fixed lens cameras out there for next to nothing. The electro 35 for instance looks awesome:
    Yashica Electro 35 GSN
    Have you tried other cameras?

9. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    The Yashica GSN is plentiful, has a great lens, and can be found non-working very often.

The lens is a good candidate, aperture is built into the lens. It is a big lens. I've seen a Flickr member post pictures of the mod.

10. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
  11. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    Most rangefinders are Full-Frame, and you are very unlikely to find a Konica Eye or Fed Micron in the local thrift store. Of late, what used to go into the thrift store ends up on Ebay. You can get a number of full-size, fixed-lens rangefinder cameras relatively cheap. The lenses will be huge on the u43 camera compared with the 30mm f1.9 that is the subject of this thread. You can find a number of F2.8 and F3.5 lenses on half-frame cameras, but the faster-than-F2 cameras are uncommon and expensive. The Micron 2 is on the lower-priced end of half-frame cameras with fast lenses.

Very, Very, Very rare- walking into a thrift shop and finding $15 Leica's and $30 Nikon RF's. But i have.

12. correos.e

correos.e Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2012
    So should I start a petition for you to work on the GSN?? :)

13. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    I have a couple of dead ones in the basement. I will disassemble one in the next few weeks. I just converted a Leica Varob 5cm F3.5 lens for an enlarger into Leica Mount. It is basically an uncoated, 1930s Elmar in a fixed mount. Now, RF coupled for the Leica. i have a number of projects to get to.

14. correos.e

correos.e Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2012
    I'm getting quite a few body caps from pairs of Lens and body caps that i'm buying. Would that be too ugly - using hollowed out body caps for adapting ripped lenses?

15. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    Anything goes in lens hacking!

I prefer using something made of metal, and C-Mount-u43 adapters are cheap, and M39 adapters are cheap. It often depends on the required back-focus for the lens being converted. The Konica Eye camera has a back-focus closer to C-mount. Full-frame fixed-lens RF's are closer to Leica's 28.8mm standard. I also have a dead Minolta Hi-Matic 7s, need to look at it. And a Contaflex Tessar 28/2.8.

16. correos.e

correos.e Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2012
    look at this!!
    Color-Yashinon DX 45mm F1.7 (M4/3) - a set on Flickr

17. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    That is a great conversion job, I will have to give this a shot. Japanexposures.com will convert this lens to RF coupled Leica mount. Mirrorless cameras are much easier.