Showcase Konica 57mm f/1.2 Hexanon AR

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Activator, May 23, 2010.

1. Activator

Activator Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 30, 2010
    Brooklyn
    Images taken with a GH1 and Konica Hexanon 57mm f/1.2 adapted lens. My copy is an early version with the silver f-stop ring. Probably from the late 1960's.

These lenses have a habit of "yellowing", due to the rare earth glass, but my current copy has glass that is nearly white. Apparently, you can "whiten" the glass by leaving it uncapped in a very sunny room (not in direct sunlight) for a few weeks...

The three pink rose images are taken wide open at f/1.2, about 12 inches from the rose. The red/orange buds were taken at f/2. The 57mm is fairly sharp wide open, but with a lot of "glow"... the glow gets less and the image gets sharper with each 1/3rd stop, and is crisp and clean by f/2.4-2.8. f/2 is a nice compromise of sharpness with soft bokeh.

These are processed in Lightroom 3 beta 2, slight levels adjustment and slight vignette added (the lens does NOT vignette). Color and saturation is right out of the camera!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    great use of the lens , a good display of its qualities and dof

ive got one too

3. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

This a great lens but a little more expensive then some other Hexanon lenses. Compared to some other brands still a good deal for such a fast high quality lens.

4. SVG-HK

SVG-HK Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Valeriy
    Some test shots I 've done with the lens from a local second hand photo gear shop. Unfortunately I've had to returned it back as found some clouds/fungus inside lately. It's a really good glass and pleasure to use with nice results at different F stops, though it is quite bulky and heavy. Another downside of the lens, IMO, the only six blade diaphragm providing quite a nervous bokeh occasionally.
    F1.2
    [​IMG]

F1.2
    [​IMG]

F1.2
    [​IMG]

F1.2
    [​IMG]

Stopped down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my attempt to shot people using ambient light at F1.2 with this lens
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  5. SVG-HK

SVG-HK Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Valeriy
    Camera is E-M5, forgot to mention in the previous post.

6. toshiro

toshiro Mu-43 Regular

Apr 3, 2012
    That last portrait is really nice

7. SVG-HK

SVG-HK Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Valeriy
    Thank you Toshiro! The lens and model matched each other :)