Showcase Konica 57mm f/1.2 Hexanon AR

Activator

Mu-43 Rookie
Images taken with a GH1 and Konica Hexanon 57mm f/1.2 adapted lens. My copy is an early version with the silver f-stop ring. Probably from the late 1960's.

These lenses have a habit of "yellowing", due to the rare earth glass, but my current copy has glass that is nearly white. Apparently, you can "whiten" the glass by leaving it uncapped in a very sunny room (not in direct sunlight) for a few weeks...

The three pink rose images are taken wide open at f/1.2, about 12 inches from the rose. The red/orange buds were taken at f/2. The 57mm is fairly sharp wide open, but with a lot of "glow"... the glow gets less and the image gets sharper with each 1/3rd stop, and is crisp and clean by f/2.4-2.8. f/2 is a nice compromise of sharpness with soft bokeh.

These are processed in Lightroom 3 beta 2, slight levels adjustment and slight vignette added (the lens does NOT vignette). Color and saturation is right out of the camera!

dbuckle

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
David Buckle
This a great lens but a little more expensive then some other Hexanon lenses. Compared to some other brands still a good deal for such a fast high quality lens.

SVG-HK

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Valeriy
Some test shots I 've done with the lens from a local second hand photo gear shop. Unfortunately I've had to returned it back as found some clouds/fungus inside lately. It's a really good glass and pleasure to use with nice results at different F stops, though it is quite bulky and heavy. Another downside of the lens, IMO, the only six blade diaphragm providing quite a nervous bokeh occasionally.
F1.2
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

F1.2

F1.2

F1.2

Stopped down.

and my attempt to shot people using ambient light at F1.2 with this lens

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom