1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Konica 50mm F1.4 Hexanon AR?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by linkedit, Sep 9, 2010.

1. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    I hear a lot about the quality of the Konica 50mm f/1.7 Hexanon AR, I have seen a few Hexanon 50mm f1.4's on eBay priced pretty low. Is anyone currently shooting with this lens that could comment on it's quality, especially wide open?

2. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    I don't know about the f1.4, but the 1.7 is a bit sharper than the OM 1.8 to my old eyes. It's bigger, heavier and a bit too long for outside carry around. I really like it for inside low light. Wide open it's nice for natural light, slightly soft.

3. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    I am using the 50/1.4 alongside its 40/1.8 sibling.
    It is quite big and has narrow DOF as a walkaround lens, but I like it for portrait use.
    IQ is good and I am happy I got it (about €40 is a fair price).

Some pics with this lens (the lens is good, I am still learning to use it) - click to enlarge
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.