Showcase Konica 28mm f/3.5 Hexanon AR

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Konica AR adapter from RJ arrived today, it went straight onto my E-P2, and I went out into a breezy low sun to see how the 28mm worked ... well it does a nice close focus, and it flares like a mutha, even with the (very cool) original rectangular hood.
Again, not posted for compositional beauty (or sharpness), but there's just something about the colour rendition on this shot. I think I may use the lens quite a lot, the angle of view suits me nearly as well as the 17mm kit lens.
I'll try to post something better when I am less rushed.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
it clearly shows itself a lot better when you hold it still ...

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
The problem I get when using all these manual lenses on my EP 1 is focus and remembering the f value

Focus - a little easier with my G1 - but still not great, plus I wear glasses

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm using the EVF and am starting to get the hang of using focus assist/focus zoom; I just wish it was 3x and 5x rather than 7x and 10x; I don't naturally have a steady hand unfortunately.
I've only had this camera about 3 months, after years of using a Canon IXUS750 p&s (beautiful image quality); and prior to that a very long gap in taking pictures since my Pentax MX (or was it an MC?) in the early '90s. So I'm very much relearning (or even learning) decent technique.
I do miss a "proper" focusing screen, but I could not resist the E-P2 when I decided to go for a more flexible device

petronius

Mu-43 Regular

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
Bought one this week, being made curious by dbuckle. I compared it with the best 28mm I have, a Minolta MD 28/2, and the Hexanon 28/3.5 is a little behind in corner sharpness, but it's still a nice lens.

The picture shows our dog Deco hoping for my wife to come home; she's his favourite. Took this grab shot because I had my reading/PC glasses on and thought: "now is the time to take a picture with the LCD." I cheated by focussing with the GH2's viewfinder, but the shot was taken with the camera at arm's length which I hardly ever do. It's quite sharp, and that at 1/40 s without IBIS, but the focus is a bit off: you shouldn't focus with the viewfinder and then move the camera closer to the subject for taking the picture!

troll

Mu-43 Veteran
Had this lens for some time now but got around to shooting with it only yesterday. Got a question: when I shake the lens there's some rattling sound, like there's something loose inside and that something is jumping all over the place. Is it normal for this lens or not?

dbuckle

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
David Buckle
Had this lens for some time now but got around to shooting with it only yesterday. Got a question: when I shake the lens there's some rattling sound, like there's something loose inside and that something is jumping all over the place. Is it normal for this lens or not?
No that's not normal.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom