Showcase Konica 28mm f/3.5 Hexanon AR

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by pdh, Jun 15, 2010.

1. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    Konica AR adapter from RJ arrived today, it went straight onto my E-P2, and I went out into a breezy low sun to see how the 28mm worked ... well it does a nice close focus, and it flares like a mutha, even with the (very cool) original rectangular hood.
    Again, not posted for compositional beauty (or sharpness), but there's just something about the colour rendition on this shot. I think I may use the lens quite a lot, the angle of view suits me nearly as well as the 17mm kit lens.
    I'll try to post something better when I am less rushed.

[​IMG]

2. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    it is quite a nice lens
    EP-1 28mm f3.5 - £20 off Ebay - 1/125 sec ISO 800 @ f3.5, (I'm almost sure)

Peony.

• Like Like x 3
  3. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    it clearly shows itself a lot better when you hold it still ...

4. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    The problem I get when using all these manual lenses on my EP 1 is focus and remembering the f value

Focus - a little easier with my G1 - but still not great, plus I wear glasses

5. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    I'm using the EVF and am starting to get the hang of using focus assist/focus zoom; I just wish it was 3x and 5x rather than 7x and 10x; I don't naturally have a steady hand unfortunately.
    I've only had this camera about 3 months, after years of using a Canon IXUS750 p&s (beautiful image quality); and prior to that a very long gap in taking pictures since my Pentax MX (or was it an MC?) in the early '90s. So I'm very much relearning (or even learning) decent technique.
    I do miss a "proper" focusing screen, but I could not resist the E-P2 when I decided to go for a more flexible device

6. vintageslrs

vintageslrs Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    dbuckle--Very Nice!
    Those Hexanon lenses are first rate!
    Enjoy them!

Bob

7. petronius

petronius Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2011
    • Like Like x 4
  8. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I have 2 of these lenses. The older model, it has the half stops, it is marked EE instead of AE and only goes to f16.

• Like Like x 3
  9. MrBenn

MrBenn New to Mu-43

Aug 5, 2011
    If you have used this with a pany m4/3, is there an issue with camera shake with this lens?

dbuckle lovely shots by the way, the shot of the sun through the trees is lovely.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbenn03/

10. dbuckle

I don't know about the Pany but with my Oly EPL1 there is no problem with camera shake.

11. dbuckle

• Like Like x 5
  12. dbuckle

• Like Like x 3
  13. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Came across this just now. It's a beauty!

14. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Bought one this week, being made curious by dbuckle. I compared it with the best 28mm I have, a Minolta MD 28/2, and the Hexanon 28/3.5 is a little behind in corner sharpness, but it's still a nice lens.

The picture shows our dog Deco hoping for my wife to come home; she's his favourite. Took this grab shot because I had my reading/PC glasses on and thought: "now is the time to take a picture with the LCD." I cheated by focussing with the GH2's viewfinder, but the shot was taken with the camera at arm's length which I hardly ever do. It's quite sharp, and that at 1/40 s without IBIS, but the focus is a bit off: you shouldn't focus with the viewfinder and then move the camera closer to the subject for taking the picture!

i-v3thZw7-XL.

• Like Like x 7
  15. dbuckle

• Like Like x 3
  16. dbuckle

• Like Like x 3
  17. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    A couple taken at f5.6.

PB223599.

PB253640.

• Like Like x 2
  18. troll

troll Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    Had this lens for some time now but got around to shooting with it only yesterday. Got a question: when I shake the lens there's some rattling sound, like there's something loose inside and that something is jumping all over the place. Is it normal for this lens or not?

19. dbuckle

No that's not normal.

• Like Like x 1
  20. dbuckle

• Like Like x 2