1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Showcase Konica 135mm f/3.5 Hexanon AR

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by dbuckle, Dec 4, 2010.

1. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    This is nice too. Lovely colours :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    First pic with my Hexanon 135mm f3.5 on my EP1, not very good but trying to get used to manual focus!
    5946217349_832a65c739_b.

• Like Like x 1
  4. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    *uses Phoenix Down*

Now to resurrect an old thread!

It was a boring day weather wise for photos, but I'm happy to see this lens, which I got for $15 shipped, is fairly good. I did apply some sharpening in LR. It's hard to get focus exactly right with this focal length on the LCD.

• Like Like x 3
  5. dbuckle

6. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Wow that's freaking out my eyes. I like it tho :wink:
    So dbuckle, what did you do to get that effect? Lens settings or somthiin?

P.S.
    To you or anyone that has used this lens and the 3.2 version. Which do you prefer and why ?

7. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
  8. dbuckle

I added a edge blur action using Kubota Tools a PS plugin. I have both the 3.5 and 3.2. I use the 3.2 more often because it is a little sharper.

12021352584_f1c44a42e7_b.
    Afternoon Game by dbuckle2695, on Flickr

9. dbuckle

10. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Would you say this is the best of the 135s? Or is the f3.2 a better balance of sharpness and size?

Also: is there an FD or SR (or "MD", if you prefer) mount 135 that you can recommend? (I'm trying to keep my adapted lenses within as few mounts as possible. I inherited several FD lenses and plan on buying a couple more MD lenses.)

11. dbuckle

I think that everyone made a good 135mm lens and both the Minolta and FD lenses are excellent glass. I have several 135mm lenses of different brands but if I only kept one it would be the Hexanon 135mm 3.2. The 3.5 is a little smaller and gives a good image but the 3.2 is a little sharper. I wouldn't worry about lens mounts as adapters have gotten so cheap its not really an issue, I also have an OM mount that is quite small but I like the photos I get from the Konica lenses better. But then again I love all Konica glass.:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  12. dbuckle

13. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Don -I love "Solar Logix"!

• Like Like x 1
  14. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Wow.. Just like me .. Sorta.. I started with Minolta MD Gear and stuck to purchasing only in that mount for a long time, so that I can still use it with my film bodies, but then I also inherited some FD glass (amazing ones) . . Well actually someone still living gave me them, and recently I purchased a great set of Konica gear for next to nothing. So I am using FD, MD and AR mount glass too.

I have a Canon FL 135mm f2.5, a Minolta MD Rokkor 135mm f2.8, a Tamron 135mmf 2.8 (MD mount) and a Vivitar 135mm f2.5 (MD mount).
    I have not used the Vivitar yet really, but I feel the others all perform about the same. I have not done any detailed testing, but if there is much difference between them it's not overtly noticeable. I think you will find most 135mm 2.8 lenses of that era about the same and you will be hard pressed to find a bad performer.
    I do not yet have a Hexanon 135mm which is why I was asking about it, since I am thinking of getting one. Mostly to round off my collection and so I can take out with me one set at at time with only one adapter.

• Like Like x 1
  15. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Good taste, sir ;) the only thing better than Konica glass on a micro four thirds body is Konica glass on my FS-1.

16. dbuckle

17. verbatimium

verbatimium Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario
    Martin
    Take a look at this thread comparing the 3 Konica 135 lenses (F2.5, 3.2, 3.5): http://forum.mflenses.com/konica-hexanon-ar-135mm-f3-2-t20222.html

The 3.2 is the sharpest of the bunch, but it's main benefit is its minimum focus distance of 1 meter.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I wonder how the Hexanon 135mm f3.2 lens would fair being tested against the Canon 135mm f2.5 & Tamron 135mm f2.5 Close focus lenses.