Kodak S1 kit at Amazon for $285.43

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
Is it? You can buy a used E-P3 & 14-42 kit lens for similar money. Is the Kodak an obviously better choice in comparison? I have no idea; just wondering aloud...
The kit lens on the Kodak has gotten some good reviews, and the sensor in the Kodak is newer and better than the E-P3. I think a more appropriate comparison is to the E-PM2 and E-PL5 and Pany GF6

jyc860923

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
贾一川
I've been using the 12-45 lens from a separated S1 kit, build quality is far from satisfying but the performance at 12mm is quite good, the AF isn't accurate or fast on my EPL5 but perfectly OK on my G5; aperture blades cause a delay so you don't want it for fast moving subject.

the S1 body, uses a recent sony sensor and the JPG is actually not bad seen from a Chinese review, but it doesn't record RAW format during burst shooting. besides the body uses a Kodak hotshoe, different from the one found on other m43 models. AF is slow.

for an entry level kit it's OK i think, not the best.

betamax

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Alan
$285 is a good price. The review over at Photgraphyblog was fairly positive. The 12-45 range is attractive, although the lens is rather large. Someone like me who just dished out for the 12-32 might have been tempted if I'd seen it here for that price.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
At that price the only question is do I order 2 or 3? Maybe I can just use flex pay when they show up on QVC in a couple of weeks.

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I hope we get such a price when it appears on .co.uk ... eventually.
I'm always interested in another sensor variation in the m4/3rds format, and the white camera looks a bit like an Imperial Stormtrooper off that there StarWars.

fortwodriver

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Frank
I figured their MSRP was not going to be reality for North America. There's no way North Americans would pay upwards of $500 for that. I still think the kit with lens should be $250 straight-up. None of this "285, 295, 265" BS. That proprietary flash hot-shoe irks me a bit though.

clockwork247

Mu-43 Regular
i got a used g3 for 100 bucks, that one has evf and a fully articular touch screen.... this is a good deal because it's new, but i would spend more and get something with a regular hot shoe and evf built in and IBIS... camera prices are coming down quick because with these mirrorless it's costing manufacture much less to produce.

Top Bottom