Kodak Instamatic 2014

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by gryphon1911, Dec 31, 2014.

1. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Very interesting concept. Seems Kodak is going to release a hybrid phone/camera with a wide 24mm lens with zoom ranging out to 260 on some models. Might be interesting as it will have an m43 sensor size to it. Also rumored to be released is an instamatic version with m43 mount. Might have preferred a model with a fixed lens as well.

I like the size of the phone version, just don't really need the phone part....but the price tag is not all that bad either at $199 - $349 MSRP.

Interested to hear others thoughts. I know from the reviews that the S-1 is not the greatest performer and IQ is not up to par with a lot of the other m43 cameras. I just think that it is an interesting concept. Perhaps if the level of information from a RAW file is such that working it in post gives you better results it might be a neat little "toy".

As for the m43 mount version, well I can see me using something like the 9 or 15mm BCL on it or some kind of pancake prime. Again - probably just for fun if the price is right.