Showcase Kodak Cine Ektanon 63mm f/2.7 16mm film lens

SVQuant

Shooting by numbers
Real Name
Sameer
Is the S>C adapter threaded as far as it can go in the C>M4/3 adapter? The neat thing about this lens is that you can probably work around it by just pulling the stop pin up, and focusing back past the infinity stop. As others have noted, it can be convenient to just shim it up semi-permanently... mine only needs a mm or so. I cut a slot in a tiny plastic washer and snapped it in place:
View attachment 605258
Yes, it is. I think that the C-mount to m43 adapter needed a little more thread since the stop pin is not vertical. I might order another C-mount>m43 adapter or maybe improve my ghetto extension tube adapter.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for the washer idea. I discovered the magic of the stop pin earlier today after thinking that I had broken my lens.

Is the S>C adapter threaded as far as it can go in the C>M4/3 adapter? The neat thing about this lens is that you can probably work around it by just pulling the stop pin up, and focusing back past the infinity stop. As others have noted, it can be convenient to just shim it up semi-permanently... mine only needs a mm or so. I cut a slot in a tiny plastic washer and snapped it in place:
View attachment 605258
Your washer idea for keeping the stop pin up is much better than my rubber band hack! Thanks!

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

junkyardsparkle

haunted scrap heap
Chased some bees around a rosemary bush with this thing recently. While I can't say I was richly rewarded with a bunch of technically excellent shots, I think it says something about how much I like the rendering of this lens that I was keeping some that I probably wouldn't have if taken with the Oly 60/2.8, just because I like the look, focus be damned. :D

(These were all cropped a little.)

junkyardsparkle

haunted scrap heap
Welp, I found the grass spider who showed up in my bathroom last night trying to start a home between two small boxes on my bedroom floor. This was clearly not a sustainable situation, so after she posed for my first experiments with that spiffy new Godox off-camera TTL stuff, I found a suitable stable substrate and transported both boxes to the balcony... 'cause apparently I'm a sucker like that (hey, who hasn't ever made bad choices with good intentions?).

These were taken at f/5.6 with 31mm (10+21) of extension tubes. Combined with the already extended range of this lens, it's really pushing the resolution to the limits... you can see that it's starting to glow pretty hard, but still no real trace of chromatic aberrations, which I find pretty interesting. No corrections or cropping on these. That steeply curved focal plane is actually kind of useful here... might be my new favorite spider lens. :rolleyes:

Zman

Mu-43 Veteran
Really getting into these old Kodak cine lenses. Not only do they produce nice images, but I love the strange looks I get from people when they see this lens on my camera.

junkyardsparkle

haunted scrap heap
I've always kind of wondered about doing some focus stacking with this lens, in order to keep the crazy wide-open OOF rendering but have a little more DOF... finally got around to trying it last week while I was sitting around recovering from the flu... I kind of like the effect:

Ten shots shifted just under a mm for each. Here's a single frame for comparison:

Part of me actually likes this one better in some ways, but then I tend to have mixed feelings about everything... :rolleyes:

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

Kodak 63mm f2.7

Had to blow the dust off of this lens, it's been sitting too long.

Vintage Kodak Cine Lens, Anastigmat 63mm f/2.7 on GX-8

Vintage Kodak Cine Lens, Anastigmat 63mm f/2.7 on GX-8

Zman

Mu-43 Veteran
At the pond ...

Motmot

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dan Miller
Some photos taken in October at a Mile Twelve show in Sandy Spring, Maryland. EM5II with 63mm Kodak cine lens, ambient light.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

Zman

Mu-43 Veteran

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom