1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Kodak Anastigmat 50mm 1.6

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by chrith, May 20, 2011.

1. chrith

chrith Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2010
    just picked this lens up and cannot find anything about it. I've heard its an S mount and not a C mount. what are my options for mounting it? and is it actually worth anything?

2. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I really like this lens. You need a s-mount to c-mount converter and then a c-mount adapter for m4/3. Of all the Kodaks I tried, this (together with the 40/1.6) was my favorite. One neat little thing: If you pull out the little knob you can extend the focus range into the macro area (not sure to what magnification level, though). The problem with these older Kodaks is that very often the rings are stiff and they need new grease. The 50/1.6 I have left is very ugly outside with the aluminum totally oxidized, so I didn't invest into it and just loosened it up with some lighter fluid. Definitely worth playing with IMHO.

Stefan

P.S. Forgot: The bokeh can be quite swirly with this lens - some like that, some don't...

3. chrith

chrith Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2010
    The optics on mine are not that great. small mold and dust. outside is in very good shape though, polished it up and its nice and shiny. The S to C adapters are pretty pricy which one did you go with?

4. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I sent you a PM.