Kitting out for a Trek

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jack.bidwell, Jul 4, 2012.

1. jack.bidwell

jack.bidwell Mu-43 Rookie

Hi All,

I am upgrading from my trusty old EPL2 that took a beating on my recent Euro Trip (and survived). I have chosen the OM-D E-M5 as my new toy and I am looking at kitting it out a bit.

I mainly shoot Landscape and street photography (a mix of landscape, architecture and the odd mix of people shots). I'm pretty good on lenses (due to a nice EPL2 setup) I am just adding the Kit lens and the 12-35 f2.8.

What I am looking for is a new Camera Backpack preferably that can hold a body, 4-5 lenses, filters/batters etc and a tripod. As well as being able to hold a bit like water bottle and maybe a jumper. So a little extra space would be good. (a slip for a small laptop/ipad/ereader would also be handy)

I am looking to pair this with a travel tripod that would essentially fit with the bag. Looking for something that extends to a full size (say 145-150cm) but weight and size aren't too big and bulk so I can hitch it to the backpack and take it on small day treks or trips to the park etc.

As an addition I am looking for a cheapish flasher unit (something like the YN560 Speedlite) and am tossing up whether to get the grip set as well.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

2. fdifulco

fdifulco Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Frank
    check out lowepro. Lowepro - Backpacks
    there are several options there. I have used the flipside for both 4/3 and m4/3. they have a helpful guide on their website.
    frank

3. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    I use a Lowepro Flipside 400AW for my DSLR and M43 system, it's a bit big for a m43 only system, but they do come in smaller sizes. A nice feature is the built in tripod carrier and rain cover. There's a really large pocket that can hold a tablet or netbook, but it's not padded.

4. jack.bidwell

Thanks guys. I'll check them out. Any suggestions on a decent travel tripod. I've had a look at benro travel angels they seem pretty good.

5. fdifulco

fdifulco Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Frank
    sorry, i have not added a travel tripod yet because i spent the $ on a standard tripod for now. will add that to the mix but that item is on my wishlist.
    frank

6. jack.bidwell

Ok,

Think I'll be picking up a Nissin Di622 Flash and the Benro A1691TB0 Travel Tripod. Still deciding on bags but has anyone had experiences with these two?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.