1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Kit Lens for Panasonic GH3?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by wikoproductions, Oct 14, 2012.

1. wikoproductions

wikoproductions Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 14, 2012
    Hi,

Is there any confirmation, rumors, speculation as to a possible kit lens for the GH3?

It will be my first mFT camera, so I'll need to build my lens collection from scratch. I'll eventually get the 7-14mm lens, and the 25mm f1.4, but I don't suppose either of these make good kit lenses for the general masses.

Thanks!

2. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    FWIW, the last I understood the GH3 is supposed to be available with the Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 or Panasonic 14-140mm as kit lens options.

3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    That's a pretty good bet. The specs page for the GH3 lists weight for body only and body + each of those lenses. The page also includes the specs for those two lenses:

DMC-GH3 | PRODUCTS | LUMIX | Digital Camera | Panasonic Global

Actually, now that I look closer, I see it actually lists those two kits. The GH3A kit include the 12-35, the GH3H kit includes the 14-140.

4. wikoproductions

wikoproductions Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 14, 2012
    Thanks for the replies!

Will the kit lens options be available at the same time as the release of the body, or do they usually come later?
    I have the GH3 preordered, but probably should hold out for a package to get one of these lenses at a reduced cost.

5. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I don't think anyone outside of Panasonic can answer that question yet. Maybe not even inside Panasonic.

6. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

Currently we only have the body listed in our data base. We'll have to wait and see what Panasonic releases once the camera is available. We will post any kits ASAP.