Showcase Kiron 28mm f/2

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by s0nus, Jun 16, 2012.

1. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    I picked up this lens a little while ago, but haven't really shot with it yet. I just went out to the backyard and snapped a few shots to test it out, and I must say I'm impressed! Sharp and contrasty wide open, sharper and more constrasty when stopped down, and nice bokeh. This one is definitely a keeper.

I have a Kiron-branded copy of this lens, but I believe it has also been branded by Vivitar, but manufactured by Kiron.

These were shot with my EPL1 at 200 ISO with some light exposure, brightness, and contrast adjustments done in LR3.

@f2.8
    [​IMG]

wide open @f2
    [​IMG]

@f5.6 to test detail resolution
    [​IMG]

@f2
    [​IMG]

@f2.8
    [​IMG]

In a forum full of sample images from tons of adapted lens, it's fun to open a new thread. ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  2. CUB

CUB Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 19, 2012
    The Kiron 28mm f/2 is a beautiful lens, superbly sharp and with excellent contrast. This is typical of Kino Precision products.

The 28mm f/2 was sold under Kiron and Vivitar brand names. There was also a 24mm f/2 version which I have only ever seen with the Vivitar brand on it, although I have been told that small numbers of Kiron branded lenses were also sold.

Both the 24mm and 28mm are very well made. Of the two, the 28mm is better optically and it was/is popular with cinematographers.

Kino Precision are still in business as an optical manufacturer but they no longer make own brand (Kiron) lenses for (D)SLRs. Most of their work is subcontract work from the big camera brands.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rpatodia

rpatodia Mu-43 Regular

Nov 3, 2013
    India
    Ramesh
    great walk around lens on m4/3. good for indoors & closeups/portraits

I was lucky to get Kiron 288mm f/2 Minolta mount in mint condition@ $75 inclusive of shipping. Lens is a beauty. give sharp result with more than decent Bokeh for a wide angle lens. This has become my favorite walk around lens on E-PL5

It is good for Portraits, Indoors & closeups especially in low light where kit lens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rpatodia

rpatodia Mu-43 Regular

Nov 3, 2013
    India
    Ramesh
    Kiron 28mm f2 gr8 lens for m4/3

ISO 1600 f 2.8

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  5. rpatodia

rpatodia Mu-43 Regular