Kirk Tuck's: A re-appraisal of the Olympus Pens as fine art cameras

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BBW, Jul 20, 2010.

1. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

From Kirk Tuck's "The Visual Science Lab" blog from yesterday, July 19th, 2010 he's written a thoughtful piece regarding the Olympus PEN cameras. I thought you all might enjoy reading it, if you haven't already.:cool:

Click on this link for to read his article:A re-appraisal of the Olympus Pens as fine art cameras

• Like Like x 16
  2. Janis

Janis Mu-43 Regular

Jul 13, 2010
    Central Texas
    BB, thanks for the post! I really like his blog and hadn't seen it before. I just bookmarked it. I completely agree with what he said about Pens vs. big DSLRs. But I don't agree about West Texas, which I think has incredible photographic possibilities, at least if you're talking about Big Bend and Fort Davis.

• Like Like x 6
  3. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Mu-43 Regular

4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    It's nice to see in the comments, how photographers are loving the Pen for it's form and function... A refreshing perspective and I love the positivity there!

Thanks to Kirk for another inspiring writeup and to you BB for the link. :2thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Great article, really captures the creative aspect of the m4/3 cameras in general (especially the pens and gf1). Even with the attached articulating viewfinders these cameras just don't feel like they are affixed to your face, they feel more fluid and the positive consequence of that is creativity.