Kingfisher on the move

Danny.

Just me
Real Name
Danny
The E-M1 with the Canon FD 500 F/4.5L from the other day

Ready for take off

P1010770.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1010771.jpg

P1010772.jpg

P1010773.jpg

P1010774.jpg

And just off and about

P1010880-2.jpg

P1010881-2.jpg

P1010882-2.jpg

And the crab toss

P1010953.jpg

P1010957.jpg

P1011007.jpg

All the best folks.

Danny.

Last edited:

Danny.

Just me
Real Name
Danny
A nice set Danny. Where's the pellet regurgitation?

Trust you ;) I just wasn't happy with the lighting, so didn't include it. Taken the week before as well I think.

P1011082.jpg

Mountain

Mu-43 All-Pro
Nice shots! Would you mind sharing your camera settings and a glimpse at what kind of crop (if any) you were needing? I'm always interested in learning from the talented crowd on this forum. We have belted kingfishers here, and they are my mortal enemy in world of bird photos. I never seem to manage to get a good vantage point to capture them.

tonyturley

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi Danny. Great captures, as always. Is that the same Canon lens you were using back when we were both posting in the Sony forum? My own attempts with our local Kingfishers have been, shall we say, lackluster.

Tony

Danny.

Just me
Real Name
Danny
Nice shots! Would you mind sharing your camera settings and a glimpse at what kind of crop (if any) you were needing? I'm always interested in learning from the talented crowd on this forum. We have belted kingfishers here, and they are my mortal enemy in world of bird photos. I never seem to manage to get a good vantage point to capture them.

Ahhh, thats real easy. I get asked a fair bit and did a post up in here on it. I use only manual focus, so it's a bit different, but everything else applies.

Manual focus tele lens techniques for birds and BIF's

There's cropping in there as well as the general settings. That's only me though, there are plenty of other ways of going about it.

I get messy though, a shot by a friend on the shore the day those shots were taken

DY1.jpg

And yes, I end up doing my own washing. Jan doesn't want to know :)

All the best and thanks.

Danny.

Last edited:

Danny.

Just me
Real Name
Danny
Hi Danny. Great captures, as always. Is that the same Canon lens you were using back when we were both posting in the Sony forum? My own attempts with our local Kingfishers have been, shall we say, lackluster.

Tony

Howdy Tony, yep still the same lens. Still using the 300 F/2.8 and the 800 F/5.6 as well. Shhh, just bought a second hand Sony A7 with less than 400 shutter counts on it. I'll see how FF goes.

The NEX-7 is still going strong as well tony (built like a tank that little beauty), while my Oly's aren't doing so well. The E-M10 shutter died last weekend and I've ripped the mechanical shutter out of the E-M1, so that's electronic shutter only now. Next m4/3 will be a Panasonic !! ;)

All the best Tony, good to see ya. :)

bigrat72

Mu-43 Regular
Great shots as always. These guys are fast, would be happy if I can get one of these.

Phocal

God
Great capture as usual Danny. Hoping to get some kingfisher shots later this summer when I head to west Texas. Looks like a muddy place to shoot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom