King Clone

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
The oldest living clonal organism in the world, at approximately 11,700 years old, is a bush. A creosote bush to be more precise. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Clone

If one is willing to venture off the beaten trail -
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And hop a fence (it doesn’t say you can’t!) -

You can see the wildly unimpressive bush for yourself!

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
Nice. I hadn’t heard about this one. I always thought the oldest living thing was a bristlecone pine, named methuselah. Maybe it’s just a technicality related to the above ground portion of the tree being original, while the living part of the bush comes and goes in various places?

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
Nice. I hadn’t heard about this one. I always thought the oldest living thing was a bristlecone pine, named methuselah. Maybe it’s just a technicality related to the above ground portion of the tree being original, while the living part of the bush comes and goes in various places?
Yeah, exactly. Methuselah (which I much prefer to photograph) is the oldest NON clonal organism. The bush continues to reproduce outward and it took 11,700 years to make a circle/ring this large.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom