Kinderdijk: UNESCO World Heritage Site

Kinderdijk is a place in the Netherlands with the largest concentration of windmills, and a well-known tourist site. It is normally packed with tourists, and Dutch people don't usually go there. But now with the pandemic still leaving its traces, I thought I'd try my luck and go there to photograph the windmills at sunset.

There were only 2 other photographers there, and very few other people. Very relaxing experience. The sunset was not very spectacular, but the light was still pretty nice. Enjoy. :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(I had opened this gate, because my map showed this as a foot path. There appeared to be a lot of sheep grazing there, and they got a little bit too excited for my taste when I walked towards them, so went back pretty quickly. That didn't stop them from all running towards the gate while bleating loudly...)

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
Wonderful series. Great work on fitting the full reflection in without touching on #7. Curious how it breaks up the group and how the other four become context. Before you framed the composition, did you know you could bend that way? ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wonderful series. Great work on fitting the full reflection in without touching on #7. Curious how it breaks up the group and how the other four become context. Before you framed the composition, did you know you could bend that way? ;)
Thanks. :D Thankfully, I didn't have to contort my body too much for that picture. I just kept taking small steps until I found the ideal position. :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom