Showcase Kilfitt 400mm f5.6 Fern Kilar

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by kurtwist, Jan 20, 2013.

1. kurtwist

kurtwist Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Southern Calif.
    This is the lens used by James Stewart in Rear Window], though on an Exakta instead of an Olympus E PL1. I can't really hand hold it Kilfitt_400_5_6_Fern_Kilar_53_.JPG while standing - mostly used a beanbag on the roof of my car.

2. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    Chris
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kurtwist

Feb 6, 2011
    Southern Calif.
    one more

Getting small birds in motion with natural light is a real challenge, but fun. I'll post a picture of the camera/lens combo sometime soon Kilfitt_400_5_6_Fern_Kilar_1_.JPG

4. kurtwist

Feb 6, 2011
    Southern Calif.
    more info

The lens comes in a fitted case, and a glass slide with the resolution test results for each individual unit is included in a padded slot. Mine has a Nikon adapter made by Novoflex but it still needed a short extension tube to work.

5. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

One of my All time favorite movies.. Darn you, now you have me looking for a copy of that lens..

6. kurtwist

Feb 6, 2011
    Southern Calif.
    Karis/Kilfitt

the deerhound is always a good test subject, but the foreshortening of a 400mm lens doesn't flatter her from this angle! Kilfitt_400_5_6_Fern_Kilar_12_.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.