1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Kickstarter: Fusion Plate

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JStheoriginal, Apr 29, 2013.

1. JStheoriginal

JStheoriginal Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Canada
    Justin
  2. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Thank you. Was wondering if anyone was going to get round to this. One of the main reasons I do not use Blackrapid and the ilk is that I almost always leave my plates on, and need to switch quickly and seamlessly from walkabout to tripod mode. Never trusted the non-purpose built plates where people attach to the tightening "key."

3. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    Dan
    That looks like a great design, very sturdy.

Also in this camp is the new Luma Labs plate.

http://luma-labs.com/blog

I am on their mailing list so I got to pre-order it. I didn't go for the strap but I did get the plate. It's light as heck and fits on my E-M5 perfectly. I like the side mount points with my Peak Design Leash. It means I can rest it flat without removing anything.

4. JStheoriginal

Mar 9, 2013
    Canada
    Justin
    btw i asked the guy on kickstarter for the length/width. it's 1.5" x 2.5".

5. Feedback.

Any user comments regarding this plate would be appreciated.
    Wondering if it would interferes with door to access the battery/sd. 2.5 x1.5 inches with a leftward bias should allow for accessing most bottom side battery compartments. But...

6. JStheoriginal

Mar 9, 2013
    Canada
    Justin
    It's not even in production yet so no user comments will come in lol.

7. Mendal

Mendal New to Mu-43

May 5, 2013
    Hello, My name is David Fliger the inventor of the Fusion Plate, I would be happy to answer any questions people may have about the plate. I personally am not a M43 user, but if you are wondering about fit, maybe take a photo of the bottom of your camera with a ruler next to it (pm me and or post it here) and I could comment on how I think it would fit your camera. Thank you for supporting our project!

Dave

8. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/Swordfish2Cowboy/gf1.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo gf1.jpg"/>

GF-1