Kia Ora from New Zealand

nzdigital

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Wayne
Greetings everyone

My name is Wayne, and I'm lucky enough to live in beautiful New Zealand. :smile:

I'm a graphic designer/photographer who shoots landscapes for exhibition and weddings for money :wink: I have been a photographer for over twenty years, as well as a writer and reviewer for photography magazines and have used most systems (both film and digital).

I currently use a Nikon D300 for my landscape/wedding work, but am looking to purchase a 'lighter' kit for travel and everyday usage - hence my interest in the micro 4/3 systems.

Love the retro look of the Olympus Pen, but have been a very happy Panasonic user with several point and shoots - so at this stage I'm torn as to which system I end up getting? :confused:

Anyway, hoping to learn a lot from this site and be inspired by all of you.

Meet you on the Forums.

Wayne
nzdigital.blogspot.com
www.wjlorimer.co.nz

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Wayne, I'm very happy to welcome you! You'll find several other New Zealanders here, too. I wish we had a database to show where people hailed from...some put it in their profiles, while others do not. But my guess is that the title of your introduction will bring them out to say hello.:wink:

Glad to have you aboard - you clearly know what you're doing with your Nikon, that's for sure! Meanwhile, don't hold back on any questions comparing the two camera makers. The "This and That" forum is the place for comparison threads...while we have the two dedicated forums, as well.

Many happy members here who have both, too.:biggrin:

Looking forward to your decision!

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Welcome! I recently visited New Zealand for the first time. Lovely country!

apicius9

Mu-43 Veteran
Aloha e Aotearoa, welcome to the board. I would love to see a few pictures from your area. I have only been there once and it was a very strange experience. I drove from Christchurch to Dunedin and back, and people told me about the beautiful mountains you have there - I didn't see any mountain, it was raining so hard I didn't even see the cars in front of me. But I saw lots of sheep and penguins down south ;) Gotta come back one day...

Stefan

nzdigital

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Wayne
Thanks for the warm welcome

Thank you to all who said 'hi' and made me feel welcome on my first day.

'BBW' - appreciate the info on the 'This and That' forum - just what I'm after, and I'll be spending a lot of time there over the next few weeks. :smile:

Stefan - sorry you came to NZ during the 'rainy season' :frown: I live on the West Coast, on the other side from Christchurch (although I lived in Christchurch for fifteen years), and we don't get called the 'wet' west coast for nothing! Suppose if you want to enjoy the surroundings of a sub-tropical rain forest you have to get a little wet occasionally? If you do decide to come back one day, I'd be more than happy to show you around the West Coast.

Will post some West Coast landscapes when I finally decide on a micro 4/3rds system.

Wayne

Latest threads

Top Bottom