Keystone feature

banj911

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bennet Duhig
I never thought I'd use the keystone feature but recently I need to take photos of an LED screen from an instrument used in aircraft inspections.

Using this feature, I was able to tip the screen away from the camera to reduce reflections and bring the sideds back to square with the adjustment. This made it really easy crop the images for a report.

I just wish that basic exposure controls were available while keystoning is in use, exposure adjust etc.

Good job Olympus.

Growltiger

Mu-43 All-Pro
I just wish that basic exposure controls were available while keystoning is in use, exposure adjust etc.

Good job Olympus.
The idea is that you set the exposure mode and adjustments first, then turn on the keystone feature and adjust that, then take the photo. That works.

What they could add support for is keystoning in both directions at the same time. Perhaps the processor isn't powerful enough to do it in realtime.

Growltiger

Mu-43 All-Pro
If you know Photoshop, it is the same as Filter/Lens Correction, then Custom tab, Transform section, and you have vertical and horizontal perspective sliders.

The camera does the tranformation in realtime in the viewfinder, which I find amazing. And when you take the photo, it applies it there too.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom