1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Keystone feature

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by banj911, Nov 9, 2014.

1. banj911

banj911 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2014
    QLD Australia
    I never thought I'd use the keystone feature but recently I need to take photos of an LED screen from an instrument used in aircraft inspections.

Using this feature, I was able to tip the screen away from the camera to reduce reflections and bring the sideds back to square with the adjustment. This made it really easy crop the images for a report.

I just wish that basic exposure controls were available while keystoning is in use, exposure adjust etc.

Good job Olympus.

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    The idea is that you set the exposure mode and adjustments first, then turn on the keystone feature and adjust that, then take the photo. That works.

What they could add support for is keystoning in both directions at the same time. Perhaps the processor isn't powerful enough to do it in realtime.

3. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    What is keystone?

4. Growltiger

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Perspective adjustment, either horizontal or vertical. The E-M1 has it built-in nowadays (with Firmware 2.0).

• Like Like x 1
  5. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    How the heck does that work?
    GX1•EP1•GF3•17/2.8•30/2.8

6. Growltiger

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    If you know Photoshop, it is the same as Filter/Lens Correction, then Custom tab, Transform section, and you have vertical and horizontal perspective sliders.

The camera does the tranformation in realtime in the viewfinder, which I find amazing. And when you take the photo, it applies it there too.