Keyline focus peaking with E-PL5?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Photophil, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Photophil

Photophil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Atlanta Georgia area
    Hello, I followed the instructions on this page with my E-PL5 three times but could not make it work. I tried adding it to the record button as well as the Fn button, but neither worked. Has anyone been successful in getting this feature to work on an E-PL5, and if so, how did you do it?

2. Dogman

Dogman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 23, 2012
    Maryland
    The focus peaking feature is not available on the E-PL5. The instructions were for the OM-D E-M5.

3. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    Go back and check your work. I've gotten this to work with my E-PL5 without any issues.

Works fine. I'm not convinced it works better than just using some magnification, but it works exactly as advertised.

P.

4. pourdad

pourdad New to Mu-43

Apr 18, 2013
    I also was able to get this to work on my E-PL5, although I decided I didn't like it and undid the settings.

If you haven't upgraded your firmware, you should do that and then refollow the instructions, although you have to modify the OM-D settings slightly to match the E-PL5 menu.

If it doesn't work, repost here and I'll see if I can replicate on my camera.

5. Photophil

Photophil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Atlanta Georgia area
    Thanks for the info. I don't know if I'll like it either, but I wanted to try it to see what it was like. I was able to follow the OM-D instructions to a "T" but I have not upgraded the firmware. I've heard some horror stories about the upgrade, and have not done it because I don't see any problems with the way the camera works now, even with legacy lenses. I try it again, and if that doesn't work, I'll try the upgrade, which I presume will zero out my SCP and Mysets. Oh well.

6. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    Firmware upgrade should not affect any of your custom settings. I'm on the latest and it's fine on my E-PL5.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

7. pourdad

pourdad New to Mu-43

Apr 18, 2013
    I was able to follow the steps and get this to work. In step 2, make sure the picture mode is set to Key Line. The first time I did it, I used the back (menu) button and it didn't hold the change. It reverted to natural.

8. betamax

betamax Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2011
    NSW, Australia
    Alan
    thanks for the heads up guys. Wasn't aware the E-Pl5 could do this too. Should be interesting next time I whip out the hex..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.