1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Kevin Bowe & The Okemah Prophets - 3/1/2013 Hayward WI

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by wlewisiii, Mar 4, 2013.

1. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William Barnett-Lewis
    On Friday March 1, 2013 a Twin Cities band, Kevin Bowe and the Okemah Prophets played a benefit show for the local public radio station WOJB, Ojibwa Radio. He is an Americana rocker who is also a nationally known songwriter and has worked with Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Johnny Lange, Etta James, Paul Westerburg, Three Dog Night and Lynerd Skynerd and has done soundtracks for ESPN.

The opening act was a local artist named Savannah Smith who sang beautifully to the accompaniment of her ukulele.

My wife helped arrange the show and I decided to photograph the show.

My original intent was to use my Rolleicord III TLR but an 80/3.5 was just a bit too slow with the ISO100 film I use even at EI200. This is one area where digital does shine with it's auto sensing of ISO.

Instead I used my Olympus PEN E-PL1 and with a F-Mount adapter used 3 manual focus Pre-AI Nikkor lenses - 24/2.8, 50/1.4 & 105/2.5. The E-PL1's crop factor of 2x was very helpful during the show. The 105 was especially fun in this context as it was the last model based on the famous Zeiss Sonnar design and allowed me to stand back at the rear of the venue while getting very good shots of the performers.

P3011359.JPG Ms. Smith performing

P3011432.JPG Mr. Bowe performing.

If you are so inclined, there are a handful of images on this page:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/118265923897175112372/KevinBowe3113?authuser=0&feat=directlink in a rough photo essay format. It still needs editing but I thought I'd share them at this point here. I hope you enjoy them.

2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Oh yeah, job done.
    I like the photos, and I especially like using that type of lens on my e-pL1.