Kern Switar 25mm 1.4 - good on GF1?

tomperson

New to Mu-43
Hi,
I've recently found a Switar 25mm 1.4 C-Mount on a local auction site for something like 110 US dollars. I've been investigating about this lens, it seems some people have needed to sand the bottom of the lens to make it fit correctly on a GF1 with an adapter, is this the case? As there are several versions of the Switar 25mm, which one is the "safest"? Any ideas?

Would you say 110 US dollars is a good price for this lens? It seems to me ebay auctions for it are quite a bit more $$$...

Thanks!

apicius9

Mu-43 Veteran
As most 25mm c-mount lenses, this one will show some significant vignetting, that is something to keep in mind. I had a RX and an AR version. The RX fits without problems and is a later version that also gets slightly higher prices. The AR version has a longer thread, and that may be what some people want to shorten because it protrudes beyond the adapter into the camera. I only briefly tried mine and thought that wasn't a problem, but I have not even tried it in the field, yet. I mostly kept it for using it on a c-mount bellows where the thread length is not an issue. If it is a good copy, it should be a sharp lens that has really nice colors. Not sure what to recommend, if you want to try more c-mounts and get an adapter anyway, you can always buy it for that price and sell it without a loss on ebay if you don't like it.

Stefan

tomperson

New to Mu-43
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. The one i found for sale is the AR version, so i'll probably need to sand the bottom a bit...nothing too difficult i guess?

What about the price, is it any good?

thx!

Latest threads

Top Bottom