Kenko Extension Tubes

ckrueger

Mu-43 Veteran
I like tubes for a few reasons:

* I tend to shoot with shorter focal length lenses where their effect is greater than diopters. Wide angle macro is really fun

* I can use them on any lens with no rings

* I used to shoot Canon and a 77mm diopter for my 100-400 is both extremely expensive and very awkward on my 58mm thread 100/2.8

* I know good diopters don't hurt IQ much, but tubes are completely harmless

* The light loss is no big deal if you shoot with flash (which I do almost 100% of the time)

* I don't need to buy a +1, +2, +4, etc depending on the lenses I use. One stack and I'm done no matter what lens I buy

I don't have anything against diopters, and I've seen some great photos taken with them. I just prefer to shoot with extension than glass.

Athoskat

New to Mu-43
Kenko Auto Extension Tubes

I own this set and can confirm that they work as described. THK notes that they will not work stacked on the Lumix 45mm Macro but will work individually. I have used them stacked with the following combos:
1.Oly EP2/EPL 3 and Lumix G3 + Lens Sigma 105/150mm Macros and the Oly 50mm Macro
These combos work great......
:smile:

chlau

Mu-43 Regular
I've checked with the shop regarding the status of those Kenko tubes not working when stacked with certain lenses. It appears this was an issue with the early shipment of the tubes. The new batches (of which I've tested in the shop) works stacked with the PL45, so issue resolved. I didn't test with other lenses, like the 45-200, which didn't work in the early batches.

trstenjak

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tadej Trstenjak
I've checked with the shop regarding the status of those Kenko tubes not working when stacked with certain lenses. It appears this was an issue with the early shipment of the tubes. The new batches (of which I've tested in the shop) works stacked with the PL45, so issue resolved. I didn't test with other lenses, like the 45-200, which didn't work in the early batches.

This is excellent news! Thanks for that.

Latest threads

Top Bottom